5 Likes

Coughs in Hoyt EL2

1 Like

checkmate! :crazy_face:

grafik

5 Likes

Lol, touche, if looks were speed that thing would go 50mph

3 Likes

Please tell Hoyt to add what battery will fit in their DIY deck offerings. The price is a bit outside my budget, but those things are :fire:

4 Likes

As soon as I get there I will! Iā€™m still in NJ packing and still havenā€™t been fully briefed on everything.

But Iā€™ll be happy to answer a ton of questions when I get the keys to the shop lol

4 Likes

Awesome. Excited for you!

Hi frame,

thanks for all your info. Just did basically the same thing you did, ordered the Zeus baseplates for my Meepo Hurricane. Wondering how a) you like the setup and b) is using the original Hurricane motormount fine, in terms of clearance? Your picture suggests soā€¦

Thx

TKP is pretty decent, way better than DKP imo

yes, u can use the original hurrican motor mount, thatā€™s what im using also. if u fear about clearance, u can also get a longer mount from @IDEA or @Tony_Stark, both are top notch stuff

2 Likes

Pretty decent, ok, Iā€™ll take that for now :). Did you change bushings after you switched to the Zeus baseplates? I donā€™t fear clearance issues, if you are fine with it, I should be too. Do I need any other parts, when receiving the Zeus baseplates, for the change? Thanks for your input in this thread, really appreciate the ā€˜simpleā€™ solution to get rid of the DKP setup. Canā€™t wait to ride the hybrid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, gave up on DKP. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

riptide all the way baby, the only issue with bushing is that u canā€™t use barrel cup washer on the roadside bushing, it has to be either flat washer for barrel or small cup for cone

sketchy af

Alright, so whats your exact bushing setup for the Hurricane, if you donā€™t mind me asking (and your weight, if that doesnā€™t get all tooooo personal haha)? I guess the Riptide Hurrricane Kit doesnā€™t make sense any longer, now that it is running with TKP. Just trying to find a good benchmark here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

krank canon 96a rear, cup washer board side and flat washer road side. 93a on the front, same washer setup.

if u want to know more about riptide bushing setup, @RipTideSports has a great thread for it: Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

65 to 70kg depends on weather and gear

2 Likes

Thanks, so basically a rather stiff setup for your weight, something that I am also tending towards (being 80kg myself), as I am generally riding at higher speeds. Thanks for the riptide thread, will try to work my way through :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can also just post your setup and ask Brad for his thoughts. Heā€™s kind of amazing with his customers.

4 Likes