Meepo Hurricane Discussion

as long as u top mount it then yes, clearance is tigher, but its doable

1 Like

Also B-One eBoard sells their TKP trucks (labeled CKP Single Kingp Pin) and theyā€™re designed for top mount boards unlike the Zeusā€™ drop through.

Do you think those would work better?

I donā€™t know about their tkp setup, but the height that zeus baseplate in top mount has this much space left

But one thing is, the zeus motor mount has 2 angle but meepo only got one, so Iā€™m stuck with single position, nothing an aftermarket parts wonā€™t fix

2 Likes

Any ideas on where to get different angles motor mounts or how to adjust the angle on the Meepo ones if possible?

Also hereā€™s the link to the B-One CKP trucks:

When I asked B-One if it is be able to convert from DKP on other boards, all they had to say was that ā€œIt works.ā€ Better than Ownbord outright telling me it wouldnā€™t when I asked them I guess.

ownboard sells a 2 position motor mount, @IDEA sells a multiple (i donā€™t know how many exactly) position mount:

they say this to get u to buy their stuff

ownboard is ā€œlyingā€, but they canā€™t technically say another company stuff works because of liability issue

most chinese dkp hanger should be this dimension anyway

3 Likes

Thatā€™s right, my mounts allow you to change the tilt angle

2 Likes

Does you mounts work with the Flipsky dkp trucks? I have the 13.78ā€ hangers and trying to see if the TKP baseplate with you mounts would work.

I have DKP Evolve trucks, Flipsky 12, flipsky 15.22 and 14 inch ā€œunnamedā€ (probably from the same factory as the flipsky trucks), for all the above mentioned my mounts fit, but for 14 and 15,22 trucks I used additional 15mm spacer rings because without them the pulleys would not fit

I havenā€™t checked my 13.78 truck mounts but they should fit since the flipsky has the same mounting hole spacing.

3 Likes

Where can I go to purchase the motor mounts?

If you want to buy my parts you buy directly from me.
At the moment I do not have a website.

I have sent you a private message

2 Likes

lmfao what in the flying fuck is a CKP truck

I think they just meant TKP

So I received a Meepo Hurricaine about 2 weeks ago. Everything is pretty spot on with the board however I have noticed it can be difficult to slowly accelerate or cruise at a constant speed without having kind of a jerky acceleration. Iā€™m assuming since the board just arrived it is the updated ESC. Is this just a Lingyi thing?

they updated it because the people complained previously of the lack of instand acceleration what Meepo/Lingyi is known for.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty slickā€¦you running 7 inch tires?
How do they feel on the trails?

1 Like
1 Like

To start, hereā€™s some ā€˜background infoā€™: Iā€™m approx 230lbs (tho, working on losing weight, with a goal in the 180-195 range), more interested in ā€œrangeā€ than ā€œtop speedā€ (ie. itā€™ll be ridden in one of the two lowest mode/speed settings)ā€¦and, for stabilityā€™s sake, I prefer TKP over DKP. As for terrain, I live in Silicon Valley, and the great majority of riding would be on streets, paved paths, and extremely-light (such as packed dirt) off-road. However, in regards to ā€˜streetsā€™, our streets arenā€™t exactly super-smooth (tho, they have been improved over the past two years), which is why Iā€™m running the 105mm CloudWheels (as opposed to the stock 97mm wheels) on my first board, a Backfire G2 Black 2020 (which makes for a great ā€œshort-rangeā€ board. Now, Iā€™m looking for what will become my second boardā€¦but, Iā€™m looking for something with a much longer range. I have no need (or funds) to spend $3K-6k on an ultra-range (ie. 60-100 miles) board, thus Iā€™m looking in the $1400-1800 range. The boards Iā€™m currently considering are the Meepo Hurricane, Ownboard Zeus, and Eovan GTS Carbon Superā€¦but, Iā€™m open to other suggestions.

To e honest, Iā€™m not ā€œleaning towardsā€ any one (of these three) in particular, which is why Iā€™m asking. Iā€™ll assume that thereā€™s probably no one individual who happens to have all the of these boardsā€¦but, if someone does, all the better. Using 105mm and/or 120mm CloudWheels as a ā€œbasisā€, what is the max range (preferably on the two lowest speed/mode settings) obtained from these three boards? And, again, I am open to other suggestions (preferably, ones with good (preferably with USA-based) support).

1 Like

I am also interested in these boards, some points of interest, from the comparisons/comments that Iā€™ve seen:

• the Eovan has higher low/mid end torque and the Meepo higher top-end torque. Zeus has far weaker torque at all points. For me low end torque is more useful
  • the Eovan has a VESC6 implementation, the Meepo a proprietary ESC. So Eovan wins at least in configurability
  • the Eovan uses cheaper Panasonic cells than Meepoā€™s Molicell. The Panasonics have a lower max discharge rate, but higher capacity. The Eovan will likely have a better range when not pushed hard and the Meepo will win when itā€™s more stressed. But Iā€™d be surprised if it was by a large margin.
  • It seems to me all 3 boards would be good templates for future DIY upgrades. I havenā€™t really looked at Zeus much, but quality at least of the hurricane and the carbon super seems very similar -and impressive, we never used to have such a high quality at this price point. Zeus has very positive comments about its smooth riding feel and comfort but thatā€™s a bit subjective

For me the Eovan seems the best value, though I am more interested in performance. I also have no idea about the local support of each company -itā€™s probably going to be a case of whether they have a warehouse to ship spare parts locally from, or they would ship from China. I wouldnā€™t i.e. expect any of them to actually accept boards locally and do repairs themselves but I might be wrong. Still repairs should be easy enough for this to not be a problem.

3 Likes

Meepo just stepped up their game.

7 Likes

Where did you find that image?

1 Like