Meepo Hurricane Discussion

You bought the baseplate from OB?

1 Like

i brought the whole TKP truck set, but turns out, its only the baseplate that i actually needed, the meepo hanger is EXACTLY the same as zeus one

7 Likes

This is a big deal. Meepo should just sell a tkp conversation kit

1 Like

think u meant ownboard, and yes i agree, but its most likely not gonna happen since that would also boost their competitorā€™s product sale, if they can convert other board to zeus TKP set up

3 Likes

I meant meepo lmao

2 Likes

oh dang, ya it would be great if they have that offer, but ownboard one works for now :joy:

really eyeballing this board for a new Daily commuter though its heavy for the price seems hard to beat.

niceā€¦I assume the baseplate came from the truck assembly?
Ownboard E-Skateboard Trucks(10.5")

My Flipsky set is less than precise. (SHOCKING!) One of the motors hits the upper truck arm, so there will be grinding.

Cha-cha-changes (credit to @Linny ):

3 Likes

Has anyone opened up the battery ā€œboxā€ to look at its construction / cells?

1 Like

Has anyone looked into the boundmotor flash? People are saying it has better specs than the Hurricane. Is this true?

No but id like to. I doubt anyone will let me open theirs unless they were paying me to fix it.

@TY37z ? For science

Idk about better but it is a very good offering. Worth saying some people have had mixed experiences with the company

What do you guys think about the little rubber/urethane donut that takes out the slop from the kingpin? Do you guys like the ride with or without?

i have not try to ride without that black piece tbh, and i had no reference point to compare with since its my first dkp and tkp setup :man_shrugging:t2:

I recently got a Hurricane and found the stock ride for my 180lb ass to be unusually stable for DKPs. I know the stock bushing are pretty stiff and the trucks are using cups in every position. Will try a combination of flat/cup washers with or without the black donuts. Will also try Riptide bushings later on to see how much of a difference it makes.

W/O the BF discount, the EOVAN seems now like the better deal

Iā€™ve been looking everywhere for info on whether the ZEUS TKP trucks worked on the Hurricane.

Did you only swap the baseplate or did you completely convert front and back trucks too TKP Zeus trucks?

Were there any issues you ran into with the conversion such as clearance and motor placement?

What benefits and drawbacks did you experience from the conversion?

1 Like

just the zeus baseplate is enough to make it into tkp, but i didnā€™t know so i brought the whole truck set

clearance? a bit ya, u canā€™t drop thru it, only top mount, unless u r willing to buy aftermarket motor mounts

i canā€™t exactly say much about dkp, since i hate them the moment i step on, although i did ride 40km on them, sketchy af is my take. converted to tkp, its much better, and i can turn better than rkp, just not as tight as dkp

i ran double barrel riptide bushing tho, not sure how the default bushings are like.

1 Like

I was reading through some of the earlier forum posts, did you ever get the rear truck swap to work too?