Meepo Hurricane Discussion

im a pussy that fear for my life, so don’t use my setup as benchmark :joy:

1 Like

Meepo Hurricane is now on our dropdown menu for the its we make for DKP: Dual Kingpin Electric Skateboard Bushing Box | RipTide Sports Inc.

3 Likes

Thanks Brad, but we mod it to TKP using the ownboard new baseplate, probably would need a different setup?

I’m the #1 pussy around here.

1 Like

Haha, me too. Doesn’t stop me from racing though. Leaving DKP is a good step for fearful speeddevils, I guess.

And yes, I will just post the setup in the riptide thread, let’s see. Thx again. ah and by the way, I think I read something about you mentioning Kieran stating the free pulley coming with the AT-only-Hurricane; I found the vid, and he clearly stated that there will be a free street pulley. Well, didn’t happen, as you now. I whined about it in Meepo support, but got sent away, basically. Not caring about the 25 bucks, but I thought, a man’s words are his core value, so, gotta keep the “promise”.

How is the baseplate different from the Meepo?

fine, i will be number 2 then

nah, i heard its not true kegel, but u can let us know once u receive it, but i wonder if they edit that part out after someone found out they weren’t sending the free pulley :joy:

its a TKP baseplate that uses just the hanger of those DKP trucks from meepo / ownboard or whoever sells those chinese DKP (i guess its possible that evolve and flipsky one would also fit)

1 Like

youtube dot com/watch?v=ZL7dALvrzRA&t=154s

1 Like

ah, on kieran’s personal channel

I doubt using the non stock baseplate will make a difference to the kit since it is a functional replacement.

1 Like

got it, so we just use the 3rd and 4th bushing from the kit?

1 Like

Hey Dave, thanks for stepping in. The Hurricane is now a TKP, with the Zeus baseplate. What setup would you recommend for a speedevil with a focus on very fast and wide, snowboard-ish turns and therefore good high-speed stability. Preferably a slow snapback (rebound?), with turning radius not a concern. 80kg rider weight.

Got my Hurricane about a month ago. Have this issues that I think is ESC related. When on the work bench, I hit the throttle and only one wheel will rotate. The next time I hit the throttle, only the other wheel will rotate. Sometimes when I let go of the throttle, the motors will keep on going like it is has cruise control. The only thing I can think of is the ESC is malfunctioning. Any thoughts? Anyone else have this issue?

Lol it sounds like a weird remote calibration issue. Hard to say

Send meepo a message. They should replace some parts for ya.

I’ll contact Meepo after the Chinese New Year. It is a super big holiday for them.

2 Likes

Can someone post a picture? Are you converting a DKP into a TKP? If so, what height bushings is the system designed to run? Sorry, I wish I had time to go through the thread.

2 Likes

yes. He removes the DKP baseplate and middle thing (whatever it is called), installs a TKP baseplate and uses the same hanger as before.

The hanger is sold as a DKP as well as TKP hanger.

Left “TKP” - right “DKP”

The conversion only consinsts of changing baseplate and removing the middle DKP arm.

*Disclaimer, these photos are from when @frame just tried out to mount them. I’m not sure if he changed anything else or optimized it since.

There was a clearance issue that i am aware of but i think that had to do with how these boards mounted the baseplates.

4 Likes

u got it all right, just a baseplate replacement and use the hanger, no middle arm

once i top mount it, i only change back to using flat washer, then that’s all.

drop mount is not possible with original motor mount, but if there is a longer mount, it should be possible…

1 Like

OK thanks, in this new hybrid, what height boardside and roadside bushings are they designed to accept?