Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

:snake:

1 Like

2 Likes

Wth it showed mine first! Why didnā€™t I screenshot evidence :expressionless:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna lie, I watched @mutantbass 's video first :wink: . Cheers for the help, I epoxy coated my last motors, didnā€™t realise that was called Battle hardening! Can always rely on Lee for a quality video.

2 Likes

you hear that @Venom121212 ?

2 Likes

Is it just me or are these white hubs 2 different colors?

:thinking:

3 Likes

Right-Bottom are more grayish/icy
Left-Up are white

1 Like

Adelsonā€™s Checker-Shadow Illusion ???

1 Like

Yes; you need those inside there.

1 Like

Hey Brian @b264
Since you seem to know a lot about the mini remote: can you somehow toggle between modes :slight_smile: ?

Is there (easy) some way to have an eco / beginner and advanced mode etc?

@kook hereā€™s a site with a ton of info regarding my silicone post. It goes in depth, mixing paint,glycerin,water into acetoxy caulking in the interest of mold making. I prefer a two part platinum based silicone, but thatā€™s a whole other topic. https://myheap.com/casting-molding/my-heap-mold-book/chapter-8-silicone-caulk-molds.html Hope this helps!

1 Like

Not at this moment in timeā€¦ but the gears are turning in my head

2 Likes

has anyone experience with this user?

https://electric-skateboard.builders/u/billyboi

he wants to buy my hubs but on his profile you only see replies on sales threads if something is still available. And that since mid 2019

Ow boy i weigh 56kg

Should I suck it up and adjust my gear drive angles?

At 26Ā° of lean my matrix 2 baseplates contact the motors.

Do you guys ever see matrix 2 trucks leaning past 25Ā°? This is just far enough to not touchā€¦

@MBS

2 Likes

Thatā€™s close to max imo

2 Likes

Depends how you like to ride - fast (stiff trucks) or carvy (loose trucks). Iā€™d test as is. Keep the back truck stiff with harder shockblocks (or soft just cranked down a bit). Then loosen the front truck like crazy if you want more turnability. Thatā€™s the best set-up if you want to balance stability (speed) with carvability in my opinion (even if there wasnā€™t a conflict).

3 Likes

Thanks, having never ridden these the suggestion helps me feel better about probably not destroying my motors first go nowā€¦ Iā€™ll be trying out initially with the rear de-wedged a bit with red shock blocks and a bit tightened down, with yellows on the frontā€¦ Stability at speed with carvability is just what Iā€™m going for. If the red shock blocks will provide enough resistance to never reach greater than this lean angle than I am confident in how itā€™s set up now.

The reds cranked down will DEFINITELY prevent that much turn. Youā€™ll barely be able to turn them at all. So Iā€™d say youā€™re safe in that regard. Youā€™ll probably need to loosen things up eventually. But it sounds like youā€™re starting from a good spot. Speed wobbles almost entirely come from the back in my experience.

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck::fist_right: :fist_left: :ok_hand:

Perfect! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, I appreciate your help man!

PS, good YT vids too, they have been very helpful getting familiar with all this stuff.

3 Likes