Ultraboards – Ultra slim esk8 compilation | SERIOUS

Ultrabook is an Intel specification and trademark for a line of high-end subnotebook computers featuring reduced bulk without compromising battery life.

An Ultraboard is an esk8.news coined specification and term for an electric skateboard with the top of its wheels being the highest point of the board off the ground.

In other words – it is possible to flip the board upside down and only have the wheels touch the ground. They take up less space when traveling, and provide a stable ride thanks to being low to the ground. And they look absolutely sexy imo.

This thread is meant to discuss such boards, and this first post will serve as a “Hall of fame” for boards that meet this criteria :slight_smile: Obviously, this is easier to accomplish using pneumatic wheels, but I bet someone somewhere has built (or will build) such a board with urethane wheels :open_mouth:

:trophy: Hall of Fame :trophy: (must have a build thread)

Evolve GTX by @Adstars

Link to build thread

X7 by @IDEA

(Very close to being an ultraboard on urethane. DKP trucks add that extra height :frowning: )
Link to build thread

The eBomber by @eBoosted

(Counts if you remove the shredlights)
Link to build thread

Similar build by @ZachTetra

The Urban Slayer by @Komamtb

Link to build thread

The GT40 by @eBoosted

Link to build thread

The Stage by @Pedrodemio

Link to build thread

Thomas the Dank Engine by @Brenternet

Link to build thread

(@BigBen and @Skunk have nearly identical builds, you can see them & more on the shitty forum’s thread about hummie builds.)

The Stallion by @Jaws

Can’t wait to see this thing on TKPs! :smiley:

Link to build thread

Indigo Love Child by @Soflo

Link to build thread

The Long Story by @jack.luis

Link to build thread

Deep Purple 2 by @iamasalmon

Link to build thread

The Ba’al Buster by @computers

Link to build thread

My Corona by @whaddys

Link to build thread

The Mountain Wolf by @GeorgS

Link to build thread

The Fallen Angel by @eBoosted

Link to build thread

Dremelseed by @Shadowfax

Link to build thread

The Loudest One by @Shadowfax

Link to build thread

Submit other builds you know of that count as ultraboards! :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Although @sofu’s S3 build doesn’t count because of the fat rear, I thought it deserved an honorable mention. :slight_smile:

I bet someone could easily make a urethane ultraboard by using a Haya deck, strait brackets from the top, and then drop-through the trucks.

15 Likes

Well, the real @IDEA model that truly fits the ‘Ultraboard’ definition is not so much the X7 (which is already a pretty low profile board) but the X9 !! :point_down:

It comes with very particular CNC custom alum wedged brackets with SfRz TKP trucks on a drop-through position and a nice platform LDP deck purposely made by Antidote for the X9 electric skateboard.

24 Likes

14 Likes

These boards should be called spin boards :stuck_out_tongue: Since you can spin it upside down and ride them. XD Ultra slim to me is like the exway X1.

3 Likes

19 Likes

Nice! Added your build to the HOF; I didn’t expect yours to count because it isn’t even drop-through, but nah it’s legit :smiley:

1 Like

So close!

11 Likes

20 Likes

Still a work in progress but what about my 4wd.

He would make a super slick carver with everything inside the wheelbase.

21 Likes

Shame those drives are difficult to rear-mount. Wish @akhlut came back to life so I could get some axles and finally mount mine :disappointed:

2 Likes

Dude those mounts are sick!

2 Likes

Another ultraboard, now with bigger wheels so it’s more ultra now!

Was the “ultraboard” name coined by you @rusins?

I love ultraboards!

14 Likes

Gummies count on the urethane category? It can ride upside down in a flat and smooth road, on 6.5" for sure and on Caguamas no but still slim

11 Likes

Laptops are my main thing bros. But when I think of Ultrabooks in relation to esk8? I think sleek, very thin or integrated decks on urethane. The name of the game is powerful enough but long lasting and portable.

Ultrabooks generally lack a discrete gpu and instead rely on a much weaker yet more efficient integrated gpu. This is the main ingredient that gives ultrabooks the edge over other laptops in terms of battery life and portability.

Considering this, I view AT tires as discrete GPU’s that excell in overall performance yet sacrifice portability and battery life as a result. While on the other hand urethane wheels are like integrated GPU’s, providing you with better efficiency and portability while sacrificing raw performance.

That’s just my take on it anyway. Don’t mean to sound critical or anything though. Sofu’s build is still my favorite but I’m biased because I have a Haya too, lol…

12 Likes

she still only exists in my head…

15 Likes

Those 3 link bases would probably look better in white.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Yeah; I agree, but I didn’t want to be too restrictive when inventing the term. They also mention ultrabooks having good battery life yet being lightweight, so in our world something like 25km range yet still under 10kg could be the equivalent. But that’s pretty impossible until we get better cells and fiberglass only boards :joy:

2 Likes

why are we following lenovo’s maketing scheme here lol

3 Likes