Indigo Love Child. Kaly xl2.0+/Hypertrucks/Molicel P42a 12s4p

Ok guys. Here is my newest build.

I started out with a prototype Kaly XL2.0+ glossy deck.
It’s a little larger than your average Kaly2.0.
I painted a little purple on the deck with testors spray paint
Then started adding layers of spar urethane 20200519_181540|666x500
I decided I wanted to go with the indigo theme because I’ve never seen a purple Kaly. I disassembled the hypertrucks and powdercoated the bases and mounts with dormant purple. I then realized hypertrucks don’t have the same bolt pattern as Kaly or Mbs, thankfully @DerelictRobot hooked it up with a template so I wasn’t drilling blind! After that I sprinkled some medium dichroic frit on the deck
Now on to the enclosure…
Eboosted hs11 was made for 20700 cells. I wanted 12s4p of Molicel p42a 21700. They didn’t fit at all. I had to completely sand down the enclosure then fit the 3d servisas heat sink. After that I started on building the nese tabs for an airline compliant battery.
First was cutting tabs and grinding the corners then soldering series connections and balance wires after that I glued the tabs into place and used battery templates that were a little shorter than the cells. this allows the Pgroups to pop in and out without tools or wiring changes.

36 Likes

after the heat sink was mounted I moved on to mounting the enclosure with Ezlock inserts
I then started wiring up components powdercoated the heat sink. used some mr60 connectors for the motor phase wires

37 Likes

Amazing work

2 Likes

giphy (27)

Bravo. I loooooooove the purple.

16 Likes

Wow the purple is amazing I love it

4 Likes

Kaly xl2.0
Hypertrucks
12s4p molicel p42a
Dual jed boxes
Benchwheel remote because fuck “THE WAND”
flipsky enhanced 200a antispark
Llt smart bms
Metr pro.
Head and tail Lights and brackets.
Mbs rockstar2 wheels (waiting for Kaly hellcats)
Titanium kingpins and oil impregnated bushings in hypertrucks.

9 Likes

I’m in love with the color scheme

2 Likes

This is my vote for BOTY :hushed: Board looks perfect and I love the airline safe battery setup you thought of!

7 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Dude this thing is :fire: would love to see the two lovechilds next to each other one day :smirk:

3 Likes

Gorgeous build man… Absolute stunner.

4 Likes

I never knew I liked purple this much. This thing is glorious, and a definite BOTY contender.

5 Likes

Dude. This is fucking amazing. You’ve just given me so much inspiration. Love it!

3 Likes

really nic build => purple is soo nice im currently doing a build also including some purple parts

2 Likes

Killer build dude, i love the ingenuity of the battery.

3 Likes

Fucking love it. It’s close to what my dream build would be.

2 Likes

That’s some damn fine work there.

Did you happen to take a picture with all the P groups inserted? How easy do they pop out when you want to go on a flight with this thing?

3 Likes

all Pgroups inserted. Super easy to pop them in and out. I use a credit card to pop them in so I don’t damage the cell wrapper

7 Likes

half of the Pgroups installed. You can see the single one by itself

5 Likes

Ahhh nice!

Guess you’d need a nice pick and pull case to store all the p groups for a flight!