The GT40 | Subsonic | Surfrodz | 12s4p 21700 30T | Unity | Custom motor mounts

Hello guys here is my newest build. It’s actually a revamp of the Bladerunner as the only thing different was the deck and enclosure.

The deck is the Subsonic GT40, it’s a symmetric deck with good stability for high speeds and a pronounced drop.

The deck was plain wood but I wanted something different and didn’t want to cover the Subsonic graphics, so I ordered some transparent paint from the car paint shop and this was the result.

I was suggested by a member to paint it with the lines of the Ford GT40, I thought it was a great idea since Subsonic deck name is GT40, everything was aligned:

images (8)

So this was the first stripe in black:

Here is the second stripe, over the inner of the black one, in white:

After seeing all those amazing/professional glass frit jobs by @sender I decided I would try to at least attempt something similar.

Didn’t know what color of glass frit to use at the begining:

The guts are exactly the same as my two previous builds, the first was the Subsonic Century 40", then I transplanted it to the Bladerunner Switchblade and then it was transplanted again to the GT40, if these guts held 3 consecutive builds and it’s still pulling like day one, then IT IS reliable and should NOT be changed/upgraded.

The enclosure was designed taking the Subsonic Century as base, it was modified to fit the concave and it is in fact longer.

The fitment was good for all electronics and I use fender washers to fit them to the deck:

I glued the rubber gasket on the deck, way easier to seal everything as the rubber gasket is bigger than the enclosure contour.

I had two options to mount trucks, dropped down and top mount, I decided to top mount them in order to have more ground clearance.

Here are some pictures before and after the first ride:

After the first ride, I’ll post comments about the feeling of the deck later.

My new helmet as tax bonus:

58 Likes

Really nice build as always!

6 Likes

It’s aight …

:joy::joy::joy:

Great job Alan!

11 Likes

Ai dios mio!!! So dope dude…

3 Likes

SO sick. really great looking deck, and as always, youve made a beauty.

3 Likes

Wow this is one of the cleanest boards I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Coming from you, I really feel honored. However, this is nothing compared to your art Tim

2 Likes

Clean as usual :ok_hand:

1 Like

Excellent work dude, the logo embossed into the enclosure looks sweet :ok_hand:

1 Like

How did you paint the deck (black and white stripes)?
I imagine special high quality paint, but then did you just use masking tape a spray it on or did you use a special trick? Because the clean-ness of the paint (and the whole build of course haha) is mind-blowing :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Thanks man!

Well I used urethane car paint and lacquer, the stripes were done using masking tape and covering the rest with paper, then removing the tape after the paint dried, finally polished it with soft sand paper and applying the lacquer at the end.

7 Likes

Damn :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

this is sick…

2 Likes

Amazing build! Super clean and I love the stripes!

If the subsonic century is akin to the Landyachtz evo, is this akin to the landyachtz switchblade?

3 Likes

Thanks man!

Your analogy is pretty accurate. Drop wise, the Subsonic Century is a more pronounced Evo and the GT40 is a more pronounced Switchblade.

I’m loving this deck so far, I’m having more ground clearance and it’s a pleasure to ride, it’s mire maneuverable than the Switchblade and the deck is stiffer

3 Likes

How did you paint the deck (black and white stripes)? … Because the clean-ness of the paint (and the whole build of course haha) is mind-blowing

Owning one of the best sports car shop in Perú is no surprise the paint job quality is inmaculate. Porches, Maseratis, Ferraris are constantly repaired under that roof. All that knowledge is translated into the GT40 paint job and the best composite Esk8 enclosures on the planet.

5 Likes

My painter is pretty good he loves to do this kind of stuff

4 Likes

Have ur workers/colleges taken into esk8ing?
Do they take ur boards for a quick lunch spin?

2 Likes

I have two guys in the shop that have esk8s.

The first one was inherited to him, it was my old Darth Maul still being riden, one tech has it and uses it a lot to go to the train station sometimes he takes the long road and rides it all the way to his home 30kms away.

The Subsonic Century 40 was also inherited to another tech, he is curently finishing it, it’ll be finished soon. It has the guts of the Ph3nix, the hangers of @Venom121212, custom motor mounts made by him and new Bergmeiters

6 Likes

what’s the bottom clearance like when mounted drop through?

1 Like