Cross Fox - Sportster | BN220 | Bergmeister | 12s3p P42A | Unity

Left in the wake of the parting of my pneumatic board was the need for another light pneumatic board, and as I loved the Bergmeister wheels so much I decided to keep them for this board. I wanted something with just as much kick as the old board but with a better form factor and feel (god I hate TKP) so some parts got swapped around and now we have the Cross Fox

The main body is a Bustin Sportster deck that I bought on a whim and a BigBen fiberglass enclosure for the Landyachtz Nine Two Five that was supposed to be for a different board that never happened. And running with it are some Boardnamics 220mm trucks and Haggy Bergmeister wheels in orange (hence the name, originally it was going to have red Racerstar too motors but that was changed).

Inside the enclosure will be a flat packed 12s2p P42A battery made from folded 30mm * 0.2mm nickel because I want it to stay thin, a LTT smart BMS so I can keep an eye on the cells, and Enertion FocBox Unity so I an forego all the fuckery with CAN cables and an antispark, a METR Pro Unity for logging, and a VX2 receiver because telemetric data is dope.

Outside has twin BKB 190kv 6354 motors that max out at 156kv in FOC and 14:60 pulleys (wheel pulley is a design I printed a while back), and this time I get to run proper idlers as 60T is about the biggest you can have on Boardnamics 90mm idler mounts.

So far everything is going well and all the parts are accounted for, but I did need to do some mods on the deck because wheel bite is a bitch. Ideally I would have the trucks drop mounted so I get a low ride platform, but I am stuck top mounting to get the last bit of space for wheel clearance. The rest of the clearance came from drilling an extra set of holes for mounting, now it uses the short mounting pattern on the trucks and the very tip of the baseplate extends past the nose of the deck. Thankfully the wheels are the very tip still so I am not too worried about the baseplate ramming into things, not ideal but I can accept it.

14 Likes

Looks awesome dude! Let us know how she rides!

1 Like

Will do my guy! So far from standing on it I feel very secure and the sizing feels good, theres a little bit of spring to it but I think it’s more from the wheels than the deck

It should carve pretty well with the medium length wheel base and only 90a bushings, I’m really looking forward to it!

1 Like

Nice build Zach, what length are those belts? I have 62T haggy pullies and haven’t set up the bergs on my board yet. Same mounts

1 Like

These are 385mm belts

2 Likes

Just placed my vbeltguys order to finally try our my bergs lol

3 Likes

What the hell happened here

385mm belts are way too long for my setup and yet it’s almost exactly the same as yours

Edit: I went back and looked and I guess I have 55T pulleys, whereas you have 60T pulleys. It seems that the 5T makes a large difference in length. Guess I will be ordering belts again…

1 Like

Oh rip, gimme a bit and I’ll tell you the size you need

I used a belt calculator and the approximation of how much extra belt I need from my current size and ended up picking 370mm

If you are gonna do the same, let me know if you get the same number. The annoying thing is that I also have these Eovan wheels that I need belts for too lol

Looks like for those I want 355 mm (50T wheel pulley)

1 Like

15:55 is definitely 370mm for an idler setup

1 Like

Don’t let @Halbj613 set up your belts :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Am I the only one that sets it up and runs a bit of string around it with the motor at the shortest distance and order the size slightly bigger?

1 Like

That is really what it looks like lol I just didn’t realize how much length 5 teeth actually makes up I guess

Got the new ones ordered already… Anyone looking for 4x 385mm belts lol

This probably would have saved time I just didn’t think I needed to

1 Like

5 x 5mm ish 25mm or a large inch for Americans that refuse to accept modem simplified Measurements.

Just think what some men would do for that mutch extra on some parts of there anatamy :rofl:

1 Like

@PedroMcJimenez Figured I should move here so we are not clogging Brad’s thread. I looted the Caliber II pivot cups off my analog board and now I have the Paris V2 baseplate with BN220 hanger and it works! There’s a bit of extra height in the cup and both diameters are a hair loose but it sits fine and now I have the Bergs drop through mounted on the Sportster with clearance, so woot!

2 Likes

Awesome dude! How much did you gain? 3/4" or so?

Btw, sportster is boss

It seems to be around that much, almost enough that I can move the baseplate back by a hole but not quite

Solid
Tempting to put a thread together about wheelbase offsets / compatibility down the road when I have more knowledge.

3 Likes

That would be very good to have, when making weird combinations it would be massively useful

2 Likes

Yes please! That’s something I wish I knew about way sooner before experimentally coming to the realization.

1 Like