Black Bear - Faultline | BN270 | Rockstar II / Urban Tread | 12s4p P42A | FocBox

This is too expensive…I just poured $130 into all the hardware I need and that’s just too much man. But at least we are on the way to having everything! Only the Metroboard group buy for tubes and tires then all the parts are accounted for

Wait no I need belts…who has 420mm to 435mm HTD5M 15mm belts?

1 Like

So the front trucks look perfect, the axles go in nicely and it all looks great, but the back is giving me problems…first of all the extra meat in the hangars is preventing the hub from sitting up against the axles because the pulley is already pushing against the mount, and secondly the idler isn’t going to work because the 72T pulley is too close already. I think I’ll be okay by using a 2mm washer and getting the exact belt I need… otherwise I’m kinda boned until the long motor mounts come out

P.S. these bad boys are gonna have some Trampa Urban Treads soon

1 Like

Can you install the motor mount backwards? should buy you .25" if it doesn’t interfere somewhere else

2 Likes

Yes and no, it can be mounted that way but the pockets that hold all the screws would be wrong. There would be a big air gap between the plate and clamp which isn’t great

I think I can get some washers to do the job, I need them anyways. But yeah if all else fails I’m installing them backwards

2 Likes

Ooh Black Bear is looking thicc from behind :rofl:

P.S. @Boardnamics the BN270 do actually work with Rockstar II hubs and MBS’s polymer pulleys, you just need to bottom out the mount to the middle and use a 2mm M10 washer, but you absolutely need the right belts since the idler doesn’t fit…but damn it feels SOLID, I love it so much

Edit: 15:72 with 420mm belts is a magic number for these mounts

2 Likes

All the parts are now ordered! In theory I do not need to buy more things! We all know that won’t happen but it’s nice to dream

I tested the motors and the 6380 run at 154kv and the 6354 run at 156kv, that is using the ERPM at full throttle (95% duty) over the battery voltage at the time and again over 7 for the pole pairs

1 Like

We got board tail ends! Cross Fox drivetrain is just missing the set screws on the motor pulleys, Black Bear is waiting on belts and pulleys and then I need to finish up the axle spacers

Since I can’t get the idler in with the 72T pulley and the motor is a fixed position, the best option I have is to get the right belt and stick with it, in that case 15:72 with a 15T belt

I had to do some fuckery with the Sportster deck to get the wheels to fit, I added an extra set of holes so now there are 3 full sets, now the baseplates stick off the end but it’s all good since I just barely don’t get bite on the front, the Faultline deck should get the same treatment but it’s okay

Hot tip for the new BN mounts, if you use an M4x20 socket head you can put a nylock on the other end and then it hella secure

2 Likes

OOOH they are lookin’ nice and cozy in there :yum:

The red will make them faster :grin:

1 Like

The Cross Fox build has been removed from this thread and now has it’s own dedicated thread here

1 Like

Belts and pulleys came in these evening! The tension seems perfect, a little tight but the belts should wear in very soon, I feel like I very narrowly escaped catastrophe

2 Likes

I clean out the bore holes with a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol. Often there are metal chips in there from the manufacture process. In fact, almost always there have been metal chips in there.

edit: you figured it out

I was using a thin metal pick (looks like a cheap dentist tool) and poking away at it until everything was good

Currently there are some fitting issues with the thread being ever so slightly out of concentric so the bolt ‘sticks’ once per turn

1 Like

If you use Kevin’s axles, I just epoxy them in there and they will never move ever again

Use epoxy as threadlocker. Literally, “locker” :rofl:

1 Like

I had to use shoulder bolts, every time I need to do something to the wheels or belts I need to pop them out

1 Like

:thinking:

I must be confused because that’s exactly why I don’t use shoulder bolts.

But if it works for you, awesome :blush:

If you take a shoulder bolt that is not installed on a truck, and use it to push the wheel onto it, it will take all the spacers and washers and whatnot off the axle and keep them all aligned and together so you can take the entire stack off the axle and slide it all back on. Without fidgeting with all the washers and whatnot

Can also use a long M8 bolt the same way

or even a hex key

1 Like

Kevin’s axles?? Link please.

1 Like

I don’t see any photos of them online. Looks like they just went out of stock also.

@Boardnamics update the photos on your site :blush: you should show off how awesome those are :slight_smile:

And I prefer installing them myself with epoxy in lieu of red Loctite.

2 Likes

What makes epoxy any better? If you want it to really stay I would have thought green Loctite is the way to go

Also I needed the shoulder bolts because I want to run them shorter than the fixed axles and I needed a 10mm shank because 28x10x8 bearings are way easier to get than 28x8x8 bearings

3 Likes

Doing a bit of an overhaul, trying to get my hands on a 42" Demonseed so I can CNC out some bigger wheel wells and a narrower center, and I’ve sold off the old 12s4p and enclosures so I can try again with Nanuk Nano 330 and Small 904 enclosures since they give me more wiggle room (needed the extra room for a beefy charge port and the other electronics for underglow in the battery, and generally more space to fit the ESC)

2 Likes