Some Reporting Issues with Vesc Wand (Under investigation)

OK I have just been through the wand thread to locate all the issues and see if they were resolved.

Code freeze patched out

@McErono did you get a resolution?

@rene has confirmed all is well below

Rectified, further testing on bench confirmed all ok and no reports since, is that right @esk8?

suspected CF enclosure blocking signal, did not post further - did you resolve your issue @pookybear?

Resolved by moving receiver out of case

was resolved with a replacement wand

was this resolved @helpmebuild ?

Resolved with a replacement wand, no further issues

Thats all I could find, if we get replies we will know whats going on

12 Likes

Mmaner has been giving honest reviews on products on the forum for years now. He doesnā€™t need to be asked.
He has valid points. Stop being a fan boy and get off the trampa dick.

You give people far to much credit. There are plenty of people that rely on a vendors word being 100% true.

3 Likes

We swapped all Wands with hardware issues.
@Skaterboy had a a bad joystick
@helpmebuild should have a new Wand already.
@M77 got a new one offered. Bad joystick
@rene is sorted and made a great rain video.
@esk8 moved reciever out of CF box

The software updates fixed all other reported issues.

1 Like

@Deodand wasnt your throttle janky also? Im sure frank will want to fix that

4 Likes

The new batches have a double joystick test. We can weed out any bad joystick.
Each single one is tested.

At leat the Wand displays you that info. Other remotes donā€™t even have that feature, nor redundant readings.
You simply donā€™t see itā€¦

Yes - the ramping setting is to find in the VESC-Tool now under the Tab VESC-Remote aka Nunchuck.

2 Likes

thank you, I have updated the list above

Careful with those broad statements champ. :wink:

14 Likes

The thread got split in a weird way where the most recent conversation is now behind so itā€™s pretty much dismissed. Also, since connection problems are a safety issue I feel that removing all of it from the main thread is irresponsible and also incentivizes Trampaā€™s behaviour of brushing off users reports of connection problems :frowning:

dude I compiled a list of all reported problems from when it was one main thread just a few posts above.

lets get to the bottom of it with data.

1 Like

Not talking about your test procedure here. Mentioning a probably isolated case of a janky throttle (sticking and disengaging itself)

Tested a bad poti on a couple of remotesā€¦
Also which remote has a display showing a slider for the throttle input?

They are, but weā€™re yet to gather any data to actually support thereā€™s a connection problem with the Wand. Thatā€™s the purpose of this thread.

1 Like

I can uncomment a single line of code to enable it on OSRR, I removed it because I felt it added clutter. Just saying that displaying a known value on the screen isnā€™t difficult, and itā€™s an option on some.

And the thumbwheel Iā€™m using is prefiltered/sampled, so thatā€™s done before it hits the ADC.

Point being, careful making broad statements when youā€™re not fully familiar with all options available these days. :wink:

8 Likes

Sounds good. Would it be fair to use the nano remote as a baseline for comparison? Those remotes work inside the Lacroix, Hummie deck, etc. So the WAND should be as good as that.

1 Like

Obviously you know what you are doingā€¦

7 Likes

Do they ?

2 Likes

@Trampa Iā€™ll also be doing some testing side by side on the Wand, OSRR, Hoyt Puck, Nano.

So far range/connection testing on the Wand has been rock solid though.

11 Likes

Trust me when I say this: everybody has a different problem with the way everything is done. So apologies if it wasnā€™t ideal.

5 Likes

Is it safe to say that there are more than two issues?

2 Likes