Some Reporting Issues with Vesc Wand (Under investigation)

3dri9i

9 Likes

We just push the topic.

2 Likes

You would be wrong :grinning:

2 Likes

In case I wasn’t clear, yes.

6 Likes

Remotes that malfunction are extremely dangerous. There have enough reports earlier in the thread to cause concern. Of course the WAND setup works in the most ideal placement situations but that’s not what this is about. E-sk8 Remotes need to work even in less ideal placement situations because other remotes (e.g.: Nano remote) already do. If you have a wand that works please stop posting “it works for me 100%” since that doesn’t matter at all, what matters are the times it doesn’t work.

The greater cause for concern for me was @Trampa not acknowledging the disconnects, it took him a while to kind of do it in the form of announcing the update that Vedder released with code improvements.

I want to buy a WAND but like others mentioned in this thread my confidence is low now and I will have to wait until further accountability is displayed and enough time has passed without reports of disconnects.

For the benefit of safety I’m glad @mmaner is not allowing accountability to be dodged.

14 Likes

You may want to know that NRF remotes have been around for years. These remotes all have a lot weaker signals and do work just fine. In comparison to those remotes, the Wand is a signal monster.
Vedder is not a stupid guy…
He designed the first Nunchuck mods and continued to improve things over the years.
This finally resulted in the Wand.
The code improvements have nothing to do with connectivity BTW.
They are about a redundant input signal reading and a software watchdog.

1 Like

This…

And yet.

1 Like

I’m just repeating what you said in this thread previously, you linked this firmware update with improving the reliability issues here: VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future
(btw: I see the above as a great example where you displayed accountability)

And I’ve seen you respond twice to users blaming their CF decks for the connection issues, once with a Lacroix deck and another time with a Hummie deck. 2 decks that have been used a lot in the community:

Lacroix: VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Hummie: VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Could you guys give it a rest already and agree to disagree?
Both sides have had their say and readers have come to their conclusion.
Continuing this discussion is pointless.

20 Likes

I can understand what you’re saying, the screen is small beer in the larger picture. If the AliE one works it works and that’s really great for someone who manages to crack their screen.

Frank may be misguided about any perceptible differences and may have been spoofed by their supplier, ok. Calling him a liar is stretching on that.

On the other claim, Trampa is not accountable to you or this community, they are a business. They are accountable to the business owners and the laws which govern their operation. They don’t claim to run under some misguided ‘community-based’ regulation that exists in your head Mike.

Vedder operates the IP of VESC and Trampa produce licensed products and protect that TM. We understand how it works now, we may not like it, but it is above board and legal.

Jesus H. do you have to come in hot and heavy on each and every thread with a Trampa slant in it? this is not moderator behaviour & it’s not cool.

12 Likes

Its never relevant, it is stalking and pissing people off.

1 Like

I didn’t call hiim a liar, I said he has a history of mishandling the truth. Big difference.

Regardless, if he wants to sell to this community then making up stories will get called in public.

That’s a bit insulting. I never made any claim about “community based regulation”. You are making stuff up. I refer you to my comment above. Also, maybe do some reading on “Free Market” concepts and responsibilities.

I made a 1 sentence comment in response to @Deodand , you typed 5 paragraphs…who’s coming on hot and heavy? If you have an issue with my comments and think it’s an issue regarding my moderator status then take it up with @longhairedboy and/or @BillGordon. I think I am doing what the job calls for.

I came to this thread like others to read about and discuss the Trampa Wand remote and not Trampa business practices, purchase orders or perception of any individual who works for Trampa, can we agree to stay on topic from now?

As a moderator, maybe you could take it upon yourself to split this off to one of the other hate-threads

11 Likes

That is exactly my point. This argument is not about the round screen, it is about telling false information for own commercial benefits that doesn’t benefit the community at all. There wouldn’t be a discussion when Frank just said that the display Jeff linked looks very similar/identical to the one they use.

Its is about saying

when a lot of people mentioned connection issues in this thread and Jeff had a constructive criticism about an improvement that would make the connection more reliable. Just ignoring people with disconnecting issues does not benefit the community at all.

It is about marketing a flaw as a feature.

3 Likes

Just ignoring people with disconnecting issues does not benefit the community at all.

We ride every day in a group of many, through woods, the town and industrial estate…
The Wand has a fair amount of testing behind it. Trampa hardcore testing!
There is no mercy for the material we ride/test.

Did a massive tour with @Lee_Wright the other day. He can tell you how a Trampa tour feels like.
Everyone had a Wand in the hand that night. Non of us had a single dropout.
Non of us had a single dropout in any location during months of testing.

As long as you don’t drop your receiver into a Faraday cage (carbon box, metal enclosure), there is no issue with connectivity. You should never drop a receiver into a Faraday cage anyway. It asks for trouble and is against any technical rule. You can actually buy Faraday bags to protect your phone from external wireless attacks. However, you are a clever cockie and you know that anyway.

2 Likes

I had to move my receiver out of my Trampa beast box since its all carbon fiber. Maybe you guys can suggest a better position for the receiver for the Trampa beast box? Anyway, hope there will be an antenna solution in the future.

I can confirm I am yet to experiance a single dropout that I am aware of over maybe 100 miles done with the wand.

3 Likes

I think what people are saying is that regardless of the thousands of miles your guys have with no dropouts, there are a significant amount of people that DO experience dropouts. Maybe make the effort to help those people?

There has been some testing that shows that outside of the case the signal throughput doubles, inside the case its half.

1 Like