Some Reporting Issues with Vesc Wand (Under investigation)

THIS IS A TOPIC THAT WAS SPLIT FROM THE ORIGINAL TOPIC, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE:

REASON: Request from User @DerelictRobot:

@longhairedboy @BillGordon @anorak234 @Dareno @jamie
I can’t help but notice this thread is not getting moderated in the same way other threads are.
Clearly this thread could use a split it the same rules apply to everyone here, yeah? Unless there’s a specific reason why it’s getting special treatment?

It’s called BLE. LE Stands for LOW ENERGY.
There is simply no need for 400m range if you are 1m away from the receiver. Also note that signal strength and connection releability are not necessarily linked. That was maybe the case 30 years back. You can have a strong transmitter and receiver but still have interference if the way you transmit the information is crappy. You can have a Low Energy system that is more stable simply because it uses a better technology.
Lots of people have been riding for year using 0dBm NRF24 chips (Nunchuck mods). As long as you didn’t burry your antenna in a bad location that was totally working fine even in crowded downtown areas. I still have one of those remotes and still use it.

With PPM we did experience interference in group rides. I can remember one ride where I needed to stay 50m clear of another rider.

We also have a few spots in Nottingham where CCTV intefears with some ppm remotes. The Wand has zero issues in such locations.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Stalker!

3 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact at least 4 people in less than a month have reported strong connection issues with the current version.
Someone wake me up when VESC WAND plus is out and tested with no connection issues.

6 Likes

Isnt the problem fixed now tho? Ben told me he was able to replicate thr problem by leaving two remotes on an running for a few days where eventually one froze. (Probably not the issue your refering to)

The problem was an interrupt request in the FW that wasnt allowed, you had to find a very small text in the gigantic nrf datasheet in order to realise the fault. Since Ben fixed that he hasnt seen the same issue. Has someone bumped in to another issue? (My wands works perfect so far)

5 Likes

Another thread for the mute bin. Could you guys try and keep this trampa hate drama in a few threads and not let it leak out across the forum? I’d like at least 3 threads still visible to me.

10 Likes

I thought you are in the telco-business and familiar with signal strength etc. of mobile phones … but anyway =>

You remind me of the movie “The Revenant” with Leonardo di Caprio - where he plays a character hunting for retaliation for years only to realize in the end - that it did not give him freedom.

But what is it - that you take nearly every post of “Trampa aka Frank” to throw things around and destroy any option to stay on topic?

5 Likes

Cool thanks for the comparison. Ive not seen many people ride those trucks :slight_smile:

1 Like

those trucks look nice. I imagine the back truck is still trampa? or did you make a custom mounting solution?

Benjamin coded a nice update to eliminate the change of freezing remotes and he coded a joystick monitoring system that can even operate the remote safely with a broken joystick. If it gets really bad, it will display a text message on the display.
The reported connection issues where with receiver in a Faraday cage.

We are in touch with a bunch of users who ride with the wand frequently and our team is also out nearly every day. No reports of cut-outs so far.

4 Likes

The downside of this truck concept is lack of steering though. Good to nail a board down a hill.

1 Like

You can atack me personally, makes fun of me, whatever. I couldn’t care less.

The issue u6s the Trampa Wand experiences cutouts/disconnects and Trampa doesn’t care. At least 3 times Trampa has said…

So he doesn’t want to believe it / admit that there is an issue. Me calling attention to how silly that is is not only on topic it’s also important. So maybe make a logical argument.

3 Likes

That “atack”-statement of yours is incorrect and your statement did not answer the question, why do you continue to destroy every thread with your personal attacks.

1 Like

Rene, for how many years are you in the telco business now? 20?

1 Like

Because this post is ridiculous and is a disservice to other people.

When people are spending money on a remote that doesn’t work as advertised and is unsafe, I will call attention to it.

2 Likes

Started phone phreaking in '88-'89 when we restarted BlueBoxing in Europe on toll free numbers routed over satellites.

But why @Trampa do you want everybody to know - how fucking old I am?

6 Likes

It’s called skate shame. When you are close to 50 or beyond and still ride a skateboard.

2 Likes

Any Wand cutouts lately?

Never - even in strong rain - as the WAND electronics where swimming in water and dirt inside the case.

WAND does not use BLE for remote control. It uses ESB (Enhanced ShockBurst)

5 Likes