VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

We usually send the tracking the same day. Please keep in mind that we shipped a lot of Wands in a single day and it can happen that for some reason a tracking wasn’t sent. The Team is back on Monday!

heyy i want to buy the remote but can only pay sunday will the WAND3 code still be active then?

Find out…

Really?

4 Likes

Its still active :slight_smile: can’t wait!

Got the wand after ordered 5 days. Very solid material quality especially compare to my vx2. However, it shut off in the middle of ride. I am guessing it’s because I was going a slightly downhill at about 13mph for about 3minutes so I wasn’t operating it so it shut off because of idle?
I felt a little bit of slow down so I tried to accelerate then I noticed the screen was dark. Luckily I was slow and it was a belt drive board and I was also able to restart the wand and reconnect by pressing a button.

Am I guessing right? @Trampa

1 Like

It won’t shut down because of no signal input. It would go to sleep if you loose signal for a while.
Where is your NRF dongle located? Anything blocking the signal?
3mins downhill without remote interaction sounds like a very big hill.

Did you check the battery?

I called the “hill” slightly downhill cause it can just maintain a speed of 10 to 13 mph without any input. My receiver is right under my EVO deck wrapped with some foam and electric tape, exactly the same setup as was my flipsky vx2. I’ll do some idle bench testing tomorrow to see if it will turn off again.

Yes I checked battery. I put new ones on before the ride and after the shut off I was able to ride home with it for about 4 miles no problem. When I got home the battery meter on the wand was like 98%.

2 Likes

Or maybe I accidentally pressed button 2 for more than 2 sec without realizing it?

is there a way to show the correct remaining capacity of lipos in the vesc app or now in the Wand? or to change a multiplier or somthing? Currently it is about 20% too high.

Hi,

I got my Wand and the nrf dongle a few days ago, the dongle will not connect to the Vesctool at all.
I use Focboxes HW 410 and firmware 3.61. The dongle is visible and when I try to connect I receive the message the Vesctool can’t read the firmware version and that I should check if the selected port belongs to the Vesc.

Could it be that the dongle needs to be flashed?

1 Like

Yes, at least try it. It could have slipped through the net?

Check wiring, VCC, GND, Rx to tx, tx to rx.

1 Like

Id did check the wiring and had to change rx and tx.
But still the same issue.

I tried the dongle on an other Focbox which I didn’t touch since receiving it last year and it worked after flashing it with 3.61.
On my other two Focboxes it still does not work. These two Focboxes came from eskating.eu and Alberto did flash the Ackmaniac firmware on them for me.
Is it possible that just flashing them with the 3.61 firmware isn’t enough? Should I flash the bootloader as well?

It’s running now. I flashed the two Focboxes with the default_no_hw_limits.bin and it worked, after that flashed again with the default.bin.
I don’t know what went wrong the first time using the default.bin, everything looked good in Vesctool and the motordetection setup worked etc.

THX for your help guys!

1 Like

Did some bench idle testing without problem. So far it’s the favorite among all the remote I have. Probably going to buy another one without gun grip. With vx2 out of presale price I think wand is actually better at value/price. The feel of hold metal vs plastic is so satisfying.

2 Likes

@Trampa

Is anyone experiencing patchy signal? I’m Goofy. Everytime I move my wand more forward or even above my head. It loses signal.

I replicated this a few times by having my board on cruise control at 15km/hr. Then I move my wand just right above my helmet and board starts to slow down and eventually stop.

Is there a way to get better signal? Does this run on 2.4ghz?

3 Likes

Do you have a carbon fiber deck or enclosure?