VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

First day of riding today, got a code freeze on the remote side :grimacing:, thankfully the board immediately noticed and I rolled away safe.
Although quite the pain not being able to restart the remote right away since I didn’t have a scrwdriver on me.

3 Likes

@Trampa is the remote waterproof?

1 Like

Codefreeze?
@trampa (or ben rather) probably want to know more about this

In that case, please ship it to Benjamin and you will get a new Wand.
We will look into your remote and we will try to replicate the issue.
Probably a bad chip…

PM for shipping address.

4 Likes

No, it is not waterproof.
We bang on a silicone sleeve that will make your Wand more water resistant.

When I ride in the rain, I usually put my entire hand into a simple stash bag.
Keeps my hand and remote warm and dry. Wet hands are not perfect to handle a remote…

1 Like

got mine today. looking good, feels nice in hand, good weight.

I do have an issue with the thumbwheel though. I think it is supposed to be like this but I don’t like it.
its off center and moves side to side and rubs on the enclosure. coming from the perfect butterysmooth OSRR thumbwheel this is kind of annoying. I hope this is somehow adjustable?

can some of you have a look and compare theirs? thanks.

2 Likes

Guess put some shims in or smthn?

will try to come up with something. the rest of the remote (still unpowered) is amazing, it screams quality!

Do anybody else got this issue with thumbwheel ? I was hoping for top quality ;(

You will see two little torx screws on the side of the trigger.
You can loosen them and push the trigger further down if needed.

The trigger can rub a bit on the alloy housing, it doesn’t matter.
We do not treat these Wands like game controllers, do we?
We only gently push the trigger forward or pull it back slowly.

hmm slight concerned at the need to gently use any remote

3 Likes

a bit from time to time, yes.

still no tracking number frank :sob:
Ted shipped my wand and than run for the evolve weekend and forgot to update my tracking number? :joy:

2 Likes

At least he shipped it! We will sort that out on Monday.

2 Likes

thats exactly the issue. if it rubs and feels sticky I have less control over small movements.
but lets see what it feels like while actually using it! and thanks for the tip with the torx screws.

just powered it up… what an amazing display frank! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It feels very nice, promised! Very precise and controllable. BigBrit’s first Video is pretty informative.

2 Likes

Yesterday I made my first WAND ride in the forrests of Hamburg (Harburger Berge) and noticed that if I accel and release the “trigger” it sometimes does still accel for sometime (parts of a second).

Is there anything I can config?
Or do I something wrong?

ps: i am riding with wrist guards.

This is the only Page I find about APP / NRF

THX - just found it!

Did not knew that WAND is the short for NunChuk :wink:

1 Like

It’s also super easy to adjust on the app config on the VESC mobile tool

Hey Frank,

Got a bit the same problem with tracking number for my parcel and no delivery yet.
Had the mail from Ted, Monday, was told my Wand order had been shipped off, and the T&T would be sent in a stand alone mail. Never received one.

4 of my buddies, who ordered the Wand quite few weeks after i did, all received tracking numbers monday a few hours after the initial mail of the order being finished - their parcels send by Royal mail/UPS (since sent to Denmark), same as i. They’ve all received their Wands on Thursday.

I haven’t even gotten that UPS sms yet, asking if i want it delivered to the post house, or at my adress.

Been running around like a restless chicken, and trying to get in contact with you guys via mail to get a tracking number, or hear what’s up! :slight_smile: