VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Nope, is updated. Currently we show the master motor temp.

1 Like

Am I the only one who “can’t connect to target” in SWD Prog tab ?

I tried with a Flipsky 6.6 and an old Torqueboard 4.12. Same.
I’ll look for other VESC laying around in my workshop, but… this is complicated as hell for just updating a FW. :pensive:

You mean, like the WAND ? :slight_smile:

@rpasichnyk made it happen with the Metr Pro though his app. And this is also a NRF chip.
Time to get in touch again Roman and Benjamin ? :slight_smile:
That would be awesome !

2 Likes

Switch on Wand before hitting connect. It should connect straight away.
Restart VESC-Tool and/or Wand if your problem is still existing.

Wireless updates might become available in future.
Next thing is USB connectivity and bootloader integration.

Finally got it updated after soldering the JST on the WAND pads.

@Trampa Hi Frank - My wand only gets to 83% duty cycle when fully forward . Is there any setting to calibrate this?

Also - how do you tell it that the board has dual vescs so Wh/km and remaining range is correct
Thanks

Did you calibrate it using the VESC tool?

That sounds like an interesting problem, does it scale evenly through the stroke up to 83% or reach it before you bottom out the trigger? The signal calibration in the VESC tool would be kind of a fix.

Nunchuck APP doesn’t have calibration - only PPM does

1 Like

Oh right, it’s weird that isn’t available for that mode, I’ve heard another person have this issue with a different remote. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have it because it doesn’t need to be calibrated in theory.

If you have a 31mph top speed then with 83% throttle still a pretty good 25mph cruising speed /s

Does the slider move all the way to the end?
Wh/km is calculated from both VESCs. The mastsr VESC knows that you run a twin setup.

Just wondering if the plan is still to open source the firmware for this remote? I’m really impressed with the firmware and how fluid the display is. Vedder (unsurprisingly) did some awesome work there.

I’d love to see a design revision with a more premium feeling thumbstick, by that I mean the actual potentiometer. Perhaps plastic instead of metal up around the antenna region to maximize signal uniformity.

9 Likes

yeah all the way to the end

That is the case. Signal to board is very good and stable.

The FW will be OS, but the display is a custom display. There was nothing available that would have met the size and standard we wanted for the Wand. We could actually display small video clips or run a simple video game.
If you use a different display you will need to code a different driver.

Thumb potentiometer actually fees quite nice and is very fine tuned. I can easily control 2Km/h difference.

We will check that. It would be fairly easy to adjust that matter in the FW. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Isn’t this the display?

https://www.good-display.com/products_detail/productId%3D460.html

Having a custom OLED made in such small quantity would be prohibitively expensive.

3 Likes

The one you linked is not made any longer. Similar, but different.
Standard 0.75 round OLEDs are not made any longer.

What duty cycle do you get displayed when wheels are lifted from the ground. Probably your board doesn’t have enough torque to go to full rpm.

Source?

Looks like you can just order almost 1k from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33046868688.html
I doubt they are not longer made.

2 Likes

Yeah I ordered 2 of those for science

3 Likes