Some Reporting Issues with Vesc Wand (Under investigation)

That is exactly my point. This argument is not about the round screen, it is about telling false information for own commercial benefits that doesn’t benefit the community at all. There wouldn’t be a discussion when Frank just said that the display Jeff linked looks very similar/identical to the one they use.

Its is about saying

when a lot of people mentioned connection issues in this thread and Jeff had a constructive criticism about an improvement that would make the connection more reliable. Just ignoring people with disconnecting issues does not benefit the community at all.

It is about marketing a flaw as a feature.

3 Likes

Just ignoring people with disconnecting issues does not benefit the community at all.

We ride every day in a group of many, through woods, the town and industrial estate…
The Wand has a fair amount of testing behind it. Trampa hardcore testing!
There is no mercy for the material we ride/test.

Did a massive tour with @Lee_Wright the other day. He can tell you how a Trampa tour feels like.
Everyone had a Wand in the hand that night. Non of us had a single dropout.
Non of us had a single dropout in any location during months of testing.

As long as you don’t drop your receiver into a Faraday cage (carbon box, metal enclosure), there is no issue with connectivity. You should never drop a receiver into a Faraday cage anyway. It asks for trouble and is against any technical rule. You can actually buy Faraday bags to protect your phone from external wireless attacks. However, you are a clever cockie and you know that anyway.

2 Likes

I had to move my receiver out of my Trampa beast box since its all carbon fiber. Maybe you guys can suggest a better position for the receiver for the Trampa beast box? Anyway, hope there will be an antenna solution in the future.

I can confirm I am yet to experiance a single dropout that I am aware of over maybe 100 miles done with the wand.

3 Likes

I think what people are saying is that regardless of the thousands of miles your guys have with no dropouts, there are a significant amount of people that DO experience dropouts. Maybe make the effort to help those people?

There has been some testing that shows that outside of the case the signal throughput doubles, inside the case its half.

1 Like

OK I have just been through the wand thread to locate all the issues and see if they were resolved.

Code freeze patched out

@McErono did you get a resolution?

@rene has confirmed all is well below

Rectified, further testing on bench confirmed all ok and no reports since, is that right @esk8?

suspected CF enclosure blocking signal, did not post further - did you resolve your issue @pookybear?

Resolved by moving receiver out of case

was resolved with a replacement wand

was this resolved @helpmebuild ?

Resolved with a replacement wand, no further issues

Thats all I could find, if we get replies we will know whats going on

12 Likes

Mmaner has been giving honest reviews on products on the forum for years now. He doesn’t need to be asked.
He has valid points. Stop being a fan boy and get off the trampa dick.

You give people far to much credit. There are plenty of people that rely on a vendors word being 100% true.

3 Likes

We swapped all Wands with hardware issues.
@Skaterboy had a a bad joystick
@helpmebuild should have a new Wand already.
@M77 got a new one offered. Bad joystick
@rene is sorted and made a great rain video.
@esk8 moved reciever out of CF box

The software updates fixed all other reported issues.

1 Like

@Deodand wasnt your throttle janky also? Im sure frank will want to fix that

4 Likes

The new batches have a double joystick test. We can weed out any bad joystick.
Each single one is tested.

At leat the Wand displays you that info. Other remotes don’t even have that feature, nor redundant readings.
You simply don’t see it…

Yes - the ramping setting is to find in the VESC-Tool now under the Tab VESC-Remote aka Nunchuck.

2 Likes

thank you, I have updated the list above

Careful with those broad statements champ. :wink:

14 Likes

The thread got split in a weird way where the most recent conversation is now behind so it’s pretty much dismissed. Also, since connection problems are a safety issue I feel that removing all of it from the main thread is irresponsible and also incentivizes Trampa’s behaviour of brushing off users reports of connection problems :frowning:

dude I compiled a list of all reported problems from when it was one main thread just a few posts above.

lets get to the bottom of it with data.

1 Like

Not talking about your test procedure here. Mentioning a probably isolated case of a janky throttle (sticking and disengaging itself)

Tested a bad poti on a couple of remotes…
Also which remote has a display showing a slider for the throttle input?

They are, but we’re yet to gather any data to actually support there’s a connection problem with the Wand. That’s the purpose of this thread.

1 Like

I can uncomment a single line of code to enable it on OSRR, I removed it because I felt it added clutter. Just saying that displaying a known value on the screen isn’t difficult, and it’s an option on some.

And the thumbwheel I’m using is prefiltered/sampled, so that’s done before it hits the ADC.

Point being, careful making broad statements when you’re not fully familiar with all options available these days. :wink:

8 Likes

Sounds good. Would it be fair to use the nano remote as a baseline for comparison? Those remotes work inside the Lacroix, Hummie deck, etc. So the WAND should be as good as that.

1 Like