*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Yeah thought it was a bit weird that the first post wasn’t even made by @jeffwuneo

He should probably start a new thread a keep all the key info in post 1

3 Likes

Just edit everything in the first post.

6 Likes

First post is now a wiki, so please add relevant project info there. Thanks, guys!

8 Likes

That first post memorializes the inception of this product, born from the needs of this community

7 Likes

@jeffwuneo have the PCBs been populated yet?
Any chance of an update?

Yes, tried to make sure we leave the first post intact but merely add relevant information below.

Can we all just hop OFF Jeffs dick a little? The amount of ‘im too lazy to read therefore ill just ask for an update’ in this thread is bananas

I bought two v6s, Im as eager to get them as you are, but shit doesnt happen overnight.

16 Likes

Actually I have read every post in this thread, I think it’s a little foolish for you to claim “im too lazy to read” I have a vested interest in this project and funded it. Therefore if timelines aren’t being met, then I KINDLY request an update on the state of affairs. Im sorry you take offense to this, but ive been burned with preorders plenty of times. If this project stretches into the Chinese holiday, that would put the timeline beyond filling a chargeback via PayPal. I believe in total transparency and I’m sure jeff does too. I want this project to succeed just like everyone else. If my comments were mean, snarky, or demeaning that would be a different story, They were not. It was a simple question about the timeline.

10 Likes

I think Jeff is asking for a sense of scale for how much he needs to make, but I don’t think he collected money until they were ready to ship. Someone correct me if I’m mistsken

Isn’t the PayPal charge back time 6 months anyways?

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but I believe the test units have been invoiced for. The regular units have not been invoiced.

2 Likes

Hello friend @Soflo. We working as fast as can to finishing. Is no need for chargeback. If you no want just say me and I can give you refund. If you make chargeback it cause problem for my PayPal account. Is already very strict.

For pcb it still need testing before can sending and we need case to keeping for heatsink. We cnc these as fast as can but not sure all can be ready before spring festival. Some worker already start going home.

12 Likes

I did pay December 5th, but even so the dispute (super easy if a product hasn’t been shipped, which I know Jeff won’t do as he’s been sharing photos of it as we continue waiting for production to end) is a window of 180 days.

Here’s my invoice:

@Soflo

6 Likes

@Soflo

Correct. 180 days to open a dispute after purchase. After opening you have 20 or 30 days to solve it yourself or call in Paypal.

But like Jeff said, there is no need for a chargeback.

6 Likes

Probably not going to be popular but I think we should lock this thread and limit coms to those on beta chat and a pre order thread, it’s getting to noisy in here and honestly the way I see it is I took a calculated risk buying into the beta round, and I did so with money I’m not afraid to loose, just like the rest of my investments. I have no doubts though that Jeff is working hard on this and is not trying to take the money and run so y’all need to chill for a minute, if your worried about PayPal you shouldn’t be buying into a pre production run to begin with, that’s the just cost of being on the leading edge.

17 Likes

I’ve been contemplating saying the same thing myself for a week or so now.

:+1::+1::+1: to everything you brought up

3 Likes

to save some time for others to search here is my summary. assuming its correct perhaps Tobias @Schulerbible or Bill @BillGordon can edit the topic to include these details

@jeffwuneo is working on (4) different ESC variants to be released in the near future. https://focbox.com/. These efforts began Nov2019. No devices have been released for community testing or GA at this time

Key take aways

14Jan2020:

2Dec2019:

NeoBox

v4

dim: 65x65x22
voltage: 60v
cont current: 70a
peak current: 150a

Conductor: 12awg silicone wire for power and phase
Connectors: XT60 soldered for power, phase cables is just wire
phase connectors: 4mm bullet plug and 12awg silicon wire

v6

dim: 65x65x22
voltage: 60v
cont current: 80a
peak current: 200a

Conductor: 12awg silicone wire for power and phase
Connectors: XT60 soldered for power, phase cables is just wire
phase connectors: 4mm bullet plug and 12awg silicon wire

Dual v6

Dual V6 Variant
It can handling more than 100A. For size I not sure final size yet. Maybe 150 x 60 but not final.

20s Variant

This text will be hidden

Images

https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/optimized/3X/7/b/7b2fffd5e09c3ed15e17a712e6aea8f21ac38ab8_2_1294x1000.jpeg

https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/optimized/3X/8/2/827fb565b3ddaafcf0e46e8f98307bf5b056c29f_2_1238x1000.png

https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/d/a/da0acd3383c41c3bce257bfdf18560fd185297a1.jpeg

20 Likes

Some additions (also edited the above tabs)

Jeff mentioned in the telegram chat that it could handle 100A but thats probably only for the v6 + case.

24 Likes

@jeffwuneo, I have no intention of filing a chargeback, I do not want a refund. I’m happy to wait for the finished product, i just wanted an update on the progress. I am one of the v6.xx beta testers. Thank you for the update on the progress of ESCs. I can’t wait until these hit the mailbox.

6 Likes

Quickly edited Main post. Maybe needs a bit of clean up but most infos are present now.

6 Likes

FYI:

7 Likes