*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Thank you friend for help organise this.

18 Likes

Yes, both @wandagoner and @xsynatic really fixed this thread up nicely.

9 Likes

This thread has been a wild ride. Im glad I was around for pretty much the whole thing. Following innovation like this as it happens is really exciting.

17 Likes

Hello friends. Because some friend join telegram but not part of test we make group for private. If testing and want joining please say me and can sending link for join. Thank you.

13 Likes

Should we still join if we plan to test the post-CNY batch? I’ll be getting V4s and V6s to use

No is only for tester.

10 Likes

I accidentally desoldered and lost (or burned) a capacitor on my Focbox while resoldering the receiver wires. Anyone know what the value for C18 is? :laughing: (My multimeter isn’t accurate enough to precisely tell)

Edit: maybe someone has a broken focbox and could desolder that component and send it to me?

4 Likes

4.7uF, 16V (Focbox 1.7)

6 Likes

I have a v1.6, but it’s probably the same. Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

I’d like to say sorry for doubting you jeff… Thought you were a spammer from the unity EOL post.

I’m new here… Guess NEO does exist.

Looking forward to buying when available

25 Likes

Good on you for manning up about it :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Yeah. I’m not afraid to admit I’m wrong,. Unlike that 3d printed momentum boards guy.

17 Likes

Shots fired :joy:

7 Likes

Easy target

4 Likes

Is ok friend. We all friend here.

17 Likes

Hello friend. Because spring Festival is start this week, we cannot finishing neoBOX before. So we can finishing after around February 8-10th.

25 Likes

Thank you for the update Jeffwu. enjoy your time during spring festival

6 Likes

Hey @jeffwuneo. I put my name on the list for four v6. Can I change it to two v6 and two v4?

Hey guys, I have been reading the whole thread since start, but I have a pretty basic question:

To my understanding of v4 vs v6 hardware, the main practical downsides of v4 hardware are:

• strongly limited eRPM
  • sensible to voltage spikes
  • not natural FOC capabilities
  • lower current limit
  • general reliability issues

To my knowledge, the OG Focbox had none of those issues. Assuming the NeoBox also has no issues with those points, my question is:

What is the practical benefit of getting the v6 NeoBox over the v4?

4 Likes

Because of less shunts on the v4 design its current detecting capabilities are worse which gives worse throttle response at the upper spectrum

6 Likes