*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I tried to ride to work everyday last winter… lost count of the times i found myself on the ass…
Was fun tho. But not worth the bruises.

5 Likes

I think i would be willing to test them out. Not sure if 4.12 or hw6 though. Same with Torqueboards.

Battery wise would be both 10s and 12s. I log every ride with metr anyway.
Currently own a 2wd MTB with offroading, mud, and hills
A 2wd foc HUB board for speed and hills.
and a 1wd 110mm thane is in the works.

The one thing i can’t give is speed. I usually max out at 45km/h for my safety.
If people want to vote and don’t want me, thats fine. :slight_smile:

(not sure when it was that clean the last time :sob: )

12 Likes

Speed is overrated. Durability and ease of repair are underrated. IMHO of course

17 Likes

We make V6 hardware with automotive grade and use special PCB material design for 270C. Is design for reliable.

8 Likes

I would and have a build ready (surprise Jeff, I don’t have questions about everything you’re doing), but can’t buy in right now, and the 70A is a potential problem, since both my motors and batteries can draw at least 80A.

It can handle 80A with heatsink but need testing more. Many component can handling over 200C.

7 Likes

Depending on passive cooling via heatsink, it might need to have a mounted fan for active cooling, like my R/C ESCs have.

We still testing our case.

3 Likes

I am in the same situation. My build is ready for some escs. So forr testing I’d be in.

1 Like

So damn true. After all, I wasn’t using motors for 10 years and I had plenty of fun then. Now it’s the same But I don’t have to push :stuck_out_tongue:

Always best to be running things below their maximum capacity…

2 Likes

Hence why my current ESCs can do 160A continuous and 1050A max burst each.

7 Likes

:sweat_smile: thats insane…

2 Likes

If wanting test, is ok, please say me with message.

3 Likes

Well spoken,dude. Speed limit at around 30mph should be more than enough for everyone except the racers. Otherwise you just adapt road rage to your own riding style.
peace

3 Likes

Sent you a message.

1 Like

I ended up not sending a PM because it is indeed winter here, and there are probably better people to test :slight_smile: excited to see how it all works out though

If there was actual snow instead of slush, I’d probably try making an electric snowboard…but even then I’ve got too much stuff

1 Like

@jeffwuneo
If the mounting holes are in the same place as OG focbox, I have a board with a built-in heat sink that can accomodate 2 esc’s. Currently running dual 12s 6355’s @ 50A each. Incase you’d like someone to “test” before your heatsink is ready…

9 Likes

I live in California, so the wet time ends and its back to cruising around in gogo shorts and a crop top, I’m in.

1 Like