* Idea / Color Scheme / Parts List
* Removing Deck Print / Installing Rear LEDs
* 100 Optical Fiber Strands / Painting Enclosure and Bottom of the Deck
* Painting Remote - Didn’t Like it - Repainted it later
* First LED PowerUp / Motors almost Finished
* Repainted Remote / Threaded inserts
* Motor wires wrap / Electronics / Glass Frit
* Photoshoot

I have become seriously addicted to designing, planning and making DIY Boards in the last 2 years.

This being my 4th build I’d like to share plans and add info as thing get done.

The IDEA!

My last urban carver build that I have ridden whole last year was a hummie deck, 12s7p 18650 build on Kahua trucks and Bergmaisters. It was really good, but I have craved for a bigger wheels, longer range, and more stable eskate overall. My friend liked it a lot, so we had an agreement to sell it to him. Hence the opportunity has raised to build a new one, with the upgrades I wanted.

I have always liked the retrowave-ish color scheme, and general mood of the style itself. So purple, orange, yellow, cyan… This build is all about it.

Specs:

Deck - @EboardSolutions FLUX Deck + enclosure - deck will be drilled, routed skinned and abused :smiley:
VESC - @mackann - BioBoards ESC - Switched from Trampas VESC
Motors - Flipsky 6384 - 190 or 140 KV - will decide once I try the torque of 190KV
Battery - @Acido 12s9p Molicell p42 - I got tired of spot welding last time, so I’ll leave it to Karlo to shine
Trucks/Hubs - @3DServisas Finality drive in RAW aluminium, 6-8" hubs, 1:4 Gear ratio
Tyre - Evolve 7’’ in purple
Data logger - @rpasichnyk - metr + GPS
Remote - Hoyt Puck

What I have so far:

Well, not so much on the table, it’s mostly in my head. Anyone who has followed my last build may have noticed that I am all into aesthetics :smiley: so expect, lights, fiber, LEDs and a lot of small details.

I came up with this design for the deck:

combined with RAW aluminium and purple tyres should look awesome

Also I have motors, with custom logo from Flipsky, that for this build I will sand down completely to match trucks look, luckily my next build (I know, i have a probelm) will use them untouched from the factory.

That’s it for now, deck should be at my place in a day or two, and the fun can start.

I’ll keep you updated

41 Likes

[Reserved]

1 Like

[Reserved 2]

[Reserved 3]

[Reserved 4 - I hope this will be enough :D]

1 Like

[Reserved 5 - taking bids] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Spec sounds awesome
:eyes:

18 Likes

Can’t wait to see this beauty completed. Subbed.

3 Likes

Your last build so nice and all the attention to detail, I’ll be curious what this one will look like.

3 Likes

Noooo!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

The tires need to be yellow m8 :smiley:

2 Likes

Following. This build sounds awesome!

1 Like

This should be cool, I love flux builds and purple

Your grip design is dope too

2 Likes

This is gonna rule. Can’t wait to see it done man.
I’m in the same boat as you, all I think about anymore is my next build

1 Like

After seeing your last build, I’m going to be glued to this one. You have an incredible attention to detail.

1 Like

Things are starting to arrive. This just came in.

2 things. It’s a piece of art and it’s huuuge. @3DServisas

For a size reference. Hummie deck

I’ve ordered tyres long time ago. But the store has somehow managed to ship it to a different country to the city that has the same postal code as mine :man_facepalming:

My deck and enclosures are still at customs @EboardSolutions beleivebit or not :joy: so quite possible they will get back shipped to you. But I’ll let you know.

@Acido should be making battery soon.

So the fun should start soon :muscle::muscle::muscle:

12 Likes

sick trucks! i didnt see those on @3DServisas website in unanodized aluminum, did you have to get those made custom?

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/custom-anodizing-color

Just go to that page and in dorp down menu select RAW - Finality, and the best part. Raw finish is free of charge :muscle:

And btw. I am heavy into building this board. So expect updates soon.

3 Likes

I am making progress with this build, so here is an update so far.

Removed the whole top coat if the flux deck so I can work with the wood beneath.

Decided to go with the orange/amber LEDs for the rear light since it will look nice with the purple theme. But drilling the deck really scared me since there was no room for mistake. I would loose my mind if the LEDs wasn’t symmetrical or even worse if I destroy the deck by drilling more then needed.

To put the stress away I’ve made a drill jig so the position and depth can’t be missed.

Next I’ve routed a channel so all of the wires could be hidden under the final skin.

Connecting LEDs was extremely tedious and I have almost lost my mind soldering those tiny wires.

All done. I am very pleased with the final result.

Filled the wire channel with epoxy. While waiting it to cure I’ve made a small resistor pcb since the rear LEDs will be powered of the 5V rail from the VESC and I need 3V for the LEDs. Soldering definitely is not my best skill. But it will work.

Next was a sanding of the motors to get them to look like raw finish of the finality drive. It came up better then I expected to be honest. Much better fit than the black one.

There is a ton of work left to be done. I have some really nice ideas that will take a lot of time but I am sure eventually it will be worth it.

That’s it for now. I’ll keep you updated. Thanks for reading.

** Table of contents **

* Idea / Color Scheme / Parts List
* Removing Deck Print / Installing Rear LEDs
* 100 Optical Fiber Strands / Painting Enclosure and Bottom of the Deck
* Painting Remote - Didn’t Like it - Repainted it later
* First LED PowerUp / Motors almost Finished
* Repainted Remote / Threaded inserts
* Motor wires wrap / Electronics / Glass Frit
* Photoshoot

22 Likes

that motor looks sick! you might also have gotten away with wiring each pair of LEDs in series, rather than using resistors… marginally more power efficient

Oh wow, the raw wood underneath is beautiful.

5 Likes

Yeah i thought the same, it’s almost a shame to put the layer on top to hide that !
@EboardSolutions you should def sell them without the black layer !

4 Likes