redo my build thread? or continue it :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Most unobtainium build :grin:

2 Likes

I reckon @Ace has that one in the bag

1 Like

You haven’t seen nothin’ yet :grin:

Just thought of another one

How in DA HAIL did u FIT all that in a PENNY BOARD? (aka most micro-build)

1 Like

@Evwan already got that

I was thinking

Urethane street
Pneumatic/tire street
Offroad

Pretty simple and leaves a lot of discretion up to voters on factoring in reliability, performance, etc.
I feel like urethane boards should probably have their own class now though, since it’s a big jump to rank a street urethane setup like this:

To this:

You see what I mean? They’re just in a different class I feel.
If you want to get tricky we could add a park urethane class also… but those 3 above seem pretty good for now.

5 Likes

Drawing the boundaries will always be fuzzy here, but maybe we could be a little more precise by saying the distinction is longboard/shortboard decks/trucks VS. MTB decks/trucks. The wheels are secondary to the vibes you’ve identified.

2 Likes

The reason last year’s categories were hardware-agnostic is because it’s kinda impossible to draw clear lines around different hardware types in this hobby. Separating the categories by usecase (as defined by the builder) completely eliminates the rules-lawyering and arguing about what hardware may have been on the build at some point through the year, etc.

Just makes way fewer headaches for me, because I dont want to be in charge of judging which boards quality for which categories.

14 Likes

Make it the easiest on you bro.
Seems like anything more than 3 categories is just chaos.

14 Likes

Yeah, keep it simple. Let me know when you start rounding up prizes. I’m always happy to pitch in.

14 Likes

I’ll pitch in as well

12 Likes

I can donate a thing :+1:

6 Likes

just a thought, for the sake of easier management without the categories being too general to exclude niche builds, why don’t we have two tiers of awards? A rewarded-tier consisting of the three basic categories somewhat like thane street/suburban vehicle/off-roading, and then a rewardless fame-tier that has a bunch of niche stuff such as lightest, fastest, widest, etc…

I’ve been working on too much shit to throw in a build this year that would have any chance of winning. There is something cooking though…

1 Like
  1. Top mounted ESC + bottom mounted battery + builder’s name starts with J

:innocent:

Edit: no straps allowed :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’ll strap battery on top and I qualify too lol

1 Like

I’ll have them change my name to Jflyboy and I’ll be in the running too

fine, velcro it is then

Gonna top mount my ESC then!

@glyphiks i gotta remember what I put in that thing :joy:

2 Likes