2. lightest mofo

3. i-dont-know-what-this-is-but-it-flys

2 Likes
  1. Butt clenching speed

2. Versatile Transformer

3. Stealth Bomber

Some sort of 3 categories sounds good to me

3 Likes

I nominate @Flyboyโ€™s Orbital anyways. Flag me your Duckchess.

9 Likes

Alternatively, tallest build but you gotta measure from the center of the deck. Top of the deck material only so people donโ€™t just stack boxes in the middle of the board.

I am 100% just suggesting a category where I am the only one who actively wants that feature and enjoys it :rofl:

2 Likes

Think @b264 might give you a run for your money on this one

3 Likes

I can add at least another inch to my height without even going to the skate store right now :rofl: the bolts would look a bit dumb but I could do it if I needed to. Could also go a buy out all the half inch risers at my local store since they arenโ€™t even popular to begin with. I would not buy all the other risers though since those are used often and it would be rude to buy them all. And I donโ€™t have long enough bolts to use them all anyway

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2022

should I

redo my build thread? or continue it :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Most unobtainium build :grin:

2 Likes

I reckon @Ace has that one in the bag

1 Like

You havenโ€™t seen nothinโ€™ yet :grin:

Just thought of another one

How in DA HAIL did u FIT all that in a PENNY BOARD? (aka most micro-build)

1 Like

@Evwan already got that

I was thinking

Urethane street
Pneumatic/tire street
Offroad

Pretty simple and leaves a lot of discretion up to voters on factoring in reliability, performance, etc.
I feel like urethane boards should probably have their own class now though, since itโ€™s a big jump to rank a street urethane setup like this:

To this:

You see what I mean? Theyโ€™re just in a different class I feel.
If you want to get tricky we could add a park urethane class alsoโ€ฆ but those 3 above seem pretty good for now.

5 Likes

Drawing the boundaries will always be fuzzy here, but maybe we could be a little more precise by saying the distinction is longboard/shortboard decks/trucks VS. MTB decks/trucks. The wheels are secondary to the vibes youโ€™ve identified.

2 Likes

The reason last yearโ€™s categories were hardware-agnostic is because itโ€™s kinda impossible to draw clear lines around different hardware types in this hobby. Separating the categories by usecase (as defined by the builder) completely eliminates the rules-lawyering and arguing about what hardware may have been on the build at some point through the year, etc.

Just makes way fewer headaches for me, because I dont want to be in charge of judging which boards quality for which categories.

14 Likes

Make it the easiest on you bro.
Seems like anything more than 3 categories is just chaos.

14 Likes

Yeah, keep it simple. Let me know when you start rounding up prizes. Iโ€™m always happy to pitch in.

14 Likes

Iโ€™ll pitch in as well

12 Likes

I can donate a thing :+1:

6 Likes

just a thought, for the sake of easier management without the categories being too general to exclude niche builds, why donโ€™t we have two tiers of awards? A rewarded-tier consisting of the three basic categories somewhat like thane street/suburban vehicle/off-roading, and then a rewardless fame-tier that has a bunch of niche stuff such as lightest, fastest, widest, etcโ€ฆ

Iโ€™ve been working on too much shit to throw in a build this year that would have any chance of winning. There is something cooking thoughโ€ฆ

1 Like