[OutRun] - Urban Carver - Custom Flux - 6384 - 12s9p - Finality

This is gonna rule. Can’t wait to see it done man.
I’m in the same boat as you, all I think about anymore is my next build

1 Like

After seeing your last build, I’m going to be glued to this one. You have an incredible attention to detail.

1 Like

Things are starting to arrive. This just came in.

2 things. It’s a piece of art and it’s huuuge. @3DServisas

For a size reference. Hummie deck

I’ve ordered tyres long time ago. But the store has somehow managed to ship it to a different country to the city that has the same postal code as mine :man_facepalming:

My deck and enclosures are still at customs @EboardSolutions beleivebit or not :joy: so quite possible they will get back shipped to you. But I’ll let you know.

@Acido should be making battery soon.

So the fun should start soon :muscle::muscle::muscle:

12 Likes

sick trucks! i didnt see those on @3DServisas website in unanodized aluminum, did you have to get those made custom?

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/custom-anodizing-color

Just go to that page and in dorp down menu select RAW - Finality, and the best part. Raw finish is free of charge :muscle:

And btw. I am heavy into building this board. So expect updates soon.

3 Likes

I am making progress with this build, so here is an update so far.

Removed the whole top coat if the flux deck so I can work with the wood beneath.

Decided to go with the orange/amber LEDs for the rear light since it will look nice with the purple theme. But drilling the deck really scared me since there was no room for mistake. I would loose my mind if the LEDs wasn’t symmetrical or even worse if I destroy the deck by drilling more then needed.

To put the stress away I’ve made a drill jig so the position and depth can’t be missed.

Next I’ve routed a channel so all of the wires could be hidden under the final skin.

Connecting LEDs was extremely tedious and I have almost lost my mind soldering those tiny wires.

All done. I am very pleased with the final result.

Filled the wire channel with epoxy. While waiting it to cure I’ve made a small resistor pcb since the rear LEDs will be powered of the 5V rail from the VESC and I need 3V for the LEDs. Soldering definitely is not my best skill. But it will work.

Next was a sanding of the motors to get them to look like raw finish of the finality drive. It came up better then I expected to be honest. Much better fit than the black one.

There is a ton of work left to be done. I have some really nice ideas that will take a lot of time but I am sure eventually it will be worth it.

That’s it for now. I’ll keep you updated. Thanks for reading.

** Table of contents **

* Idea / Color Scheme / Parts List
* Removing Deck Print / Installing Rear LEDs
* 100 Optical Fiber Strands / Painting Enclosure and Bottom of the Deck
* Painting Remote - Didn’t Like it - Repainted it later
* First LED PowerUp / Motors almost Finished
* Repainted Remote / Threaded inserts
* Motor wires wrap / Electronics / Glass Frit
* Photoshoot

22 Likes

that motor looks sick! you might also have gotten away with wiring each pair of LEDs in series, rather than using resistors… marginally more power efficient

Oh wow, the raw wood underneath is beautiful.

5 Likes

Yeah i thought the same, it’s almost a shame to put the layer on top to hide that !
@EboardSolutions you should def sell them without the black layer !

4 Likes

Yeah. I was really surprised. I have plans for a natural look deck in future definitely. But for this one it wouldn’t look nice.

3 Likes

It’s like pulling the carpet back and discovering an original hardwood floor underneath.

@EboardSolutions please offer a DIY deck/enclosure option in a finished wood! It looks amazing.

3 Likes

yeah I was considering doing a transparant topsheet aswell, I like it too! Maybe a bit to light?

2 Likes

did you remove the glassfiber topsheet aswell?

1 Like

Indeed, maybe see if some varnish or oil make the wood a bit darker but still pops.
I don’t know about the issue of oil and glue on wood tho

2 Likes

Yes I did. I am fairly light guy 79kg and will do print fabric with epoxy on top. So It should be good :muscle:

3 Likes

How about a transparent topsheet combined with some split angles. Maybe 35’ in the front and 25’ in the rear?

3 Likes

yeah transparatn topsheet is what I was thinking :slight_smile:

Not sure yet about split angles

1 Like

…ya I just used a flat white primer

But that raw wood is so sexy :star_struck:

10 Likes

Oh boy, so much work has been done regarding this build. I must be honest, I have almost lost my mind. This took so much time and nerves…

For start, I had this idea of stars in the sky when i ride during night.

To achieve this, I have ordered 50 meters of 0.75mm and 50 meteres of 1mm wide plastic optic fibre, as well as 10mm wide LED light.

Oh boy, here we go.

Printed the exact arrangement on A3 paper as a guide for drilling fucking 100, yes one hundred holes. Red are 1mm wide and green are 0.75mm wide

Well those wires have to go somewhere, so I present you the bottom side of the deck.

This is what I came up with regarding running all of the 100 cables with as least possible routing the deck. I have sanded the deck to the carbon layer, then sent my design to the laser cutter.

Fixed it to the deck and used random paint to mark the deck where it should be routed.

The PAIN starts about now. Believe me running 100 wires is extremely boring, painful, and nerve racking experience. @ApexBoards saved me here with their wooden thingy.

After 3 days of pure insanity I have finally set everything with epoxy.

If you have followed this thread from the start, you may know that at this point a have removed very decent amount of fiber and epoxy from the top of the deck, and now from the bottom as well including a good amount of routing the wood, so I have become worried that I have really made this deck prone to breaking while riding it, so I have decided to add a layer of carbon fiber at the bottom.

Next was painting it. Blue - Purple color scheme was the way to go, made OutRun cutted on vinyl so I can make my idea come true. I really didnt bother with the finish of the bottom side since 90% of it will be covered with the enclosure and trucks.

So a layer of blue
Vinyl sticker
Layer of purple
Remove vinyl

There you go.

It was time to finish enclosure.

The process was the same just with reversed colors order

This way once the enclosure is mounted you can clearly read the OutRun written

Tomorrow I am starting to work on the top part of the deck… Sanding down all those 100 wires, and putting print over it. I am really looking forward to see how it will look. I have my fingers crossed.

** Table of contents **

* Idea / Color Scheme / Parts List
* Removing Deck Print / Installing Rear LEDs
* 100 Optical Fiber Strands / Painting Enclosure and Bottom of the Deck
* Painting Remote - Didn’t Like it - Repainted it later
* First LED PowerUp / Motors almost Finished
* Repainted Remote / Threaded inserts
* Motor wires wrap / Electronics / Glass Frit
* Photoshoot

43 Likes

holy shit

19 Likes