[OutRun] - Urban Carver - Custom Flux - 6384 - 12s9p - Finality

Indeed, maybe see if some varnish or oil make the wood a bit darker but still pops.
I don’t know about the issue of oil and glue on wood tho

2 Likes

Yes I did. I am fairly light guy 79kg and will do print fabric with epoxy on top. So It should be good :muscle:

3 Likes

How about a transparent topsheet combined with some split angles. Maybe 35’ in the front and 25’ in the rear?

3 Likes

yeah transparatn topsheet is what I was thinking :slight_smile:

Not sure yet about split angles

1 Like

…ya I just used a flat white primer

But that raw wood is so sexy :star_struck:

10 Likes

Oh boy, so much work has been done regarding this build. I must be honest, I have almost lost my mind. This took so much time and nerves…

For start, I had this idea of stars in the sky when i ride during night.

To achieve this, I have ordered 50 meters of 0.75mm and 50 meteres of 1mm wide plastic optic fibre, as well as 10mm wide LED light.

Oh boy, here we go.

Printed the exact arrangement on A3 paper as a guide for drilling fucking 100, yes one hundred holes. Red are 1mm wide and green are 0.75mm wide

Well those wires have to go somewhere, so I present you the bottom side of the deck.

This is what I came up with regarding running all of the 100 cables with as least possible routing the deck. I have sanded the deck to the carbon layer, then sent my design to the laser cutter.

Fixed it to the deck and used random paint to mark the deck where it should be routed.

The PAIN starts about now. Believe me running 100 wires is extremely boring, painful, and nerve racking experience. @ApexBoards saved me here with their wooden thingy.

After 3 days of pure insanity I have finally set everything with epoxy.

If you have followed this thread from the start, you may know that at this point a have removed very decent amount of fiber and epoxy from the top of the deck, and now from the bottom as well including a good amount of routing the wood, so I have become worried that I have really made this deck prone to breaking while riding it, so I have decided to add a layer of carbon fiber at the bottom.

Next was painting it. Blue - Purple color scheme was the way to go, made OutRun cutted on vinyl so I can make my idea come true. I really didnt bother with the finish of the bottom side since 90% of it will be covered with the enclosure and trucks.

So a layer of blue
Vinyl sticker
Layer of purple
Remove vinyl

There you go.

It was time to finish enclosure.

The process was the same just with reversed colors order

This way once the enclosure is mounted you can clearly read the OutRun written

Tomorrow I am starting to work on the top part of the deck… Sanding down all those 100 wires, and putting print over it. I am really looking forward to see how it will look. I have my fingers crossed.

** Table of contents **

* Idea / Color Scheme / Parts List
* Removing Deck Print / Installing Rear LEDs
* 100 Optical Fiber Strands / Painting Enclosure and Bottom of the Deck
* Painting Remote - Didn’t Like it - Repainted it later
* First LED PowerUp / Motors almost Finished
* Repainted Remote / Threaded inserts
* Motor wires wrap / Electronics / Glass Frit
* Photoshoot

43 Likes

holy shit

19 Likes

RBROOOo wtfff

This has got to be one of the coolest pieces of esk8 art I’ve seen yet

19 Likes

Strong blade runner/nightrider/cyberpunk vibes.

7 Likes

That’s insane! Why not do a single epoxy/acrylic slab that gets iluminated? Or Just an EL-panel with a mask on top?

2 Likes

I have a feeling that if the driving light is bright enough, the fiber optics will be much more vibrant and durable than something with a mask, just a guess though

I love the color theme

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ve done some tests with both. The amount of light these fibers emit in comparison with anything else is extremely brighter. It’s like looking straight in an LED from your phone flashlight… It hurts your eyes how bright it is. Also if anytime in future I would like to change the color, or the LED dies, it would take a few minutes to replace it.

Other problem with EL is their need of high frequency high voltage converters that powers them. Those things emits really high pitched buzz all the time.

4 Likes

Awesome work, buddy. I love it and I’m sure that when you switch the light on for the first time, all that hard work feel worthwhile. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

1 Like

That is so incredibly good looking!

2 Likes

dayum this build is off this planet, holy shit this so awesome. the detail the works omfg

4 Likes

This is such a cool board, cant wait to see those lights!

1 Like

Soon my friend :muscle:

29 Likes

How does one even get to be this Extra!!!

Dang bro!!!

3 Likes

Match made in heaven :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I suggest reinforcing the potentiometer connections with solder / epoxy if you haven’t already. Wouldn’t want you to have another fall, lol

1 Like