Build of the Year 2023 Official - Nominations (SERIOUS)

Hey Y’all. This is a just for fun / bragging rights only BOTY 2023 thread.

EDIT - this is now the esk8.news official 2023 Build of the Year thread.

Here are the rules of Evan’s shitty and unofficial build of the year thread:

• Rules for Nominations: you can nominate yourself or someone else you think is deserving. You can nominate more than 1 person if you like. I won’t judge you if you nominate yourself, but everyone else will. (I recommend bribing or extorting a friend to nominate you - it’s a better look).
  • Each build must have a build thread on this website that was completed before the end of 2023.
  • Anyone can enter, but the board must have been rideable before the end of the year.
  • Nominate someone by posting a link to their build thread and tagging them.
  • If the builder accepts the nomination, they need to comment and add a picture. This is required in order to participate in the prize pool.
  • nominations close in 2 weeks on 22JAN2024. Voting will take place over another week.
  • A single builder may be nominated multiple times, but the winners triangle will be expanded to be a square, and it include another builder in the situation that a single builder has 2 BOTY wins at the top.

Categories:

• There are no categories, but you will get to cast 5 votes. The top 3 will be on the podium. I’m also calling the podium the “Winners Triangle”.

Edit: now that this is official BOTY and we have more people donating prizes, more people are going to get to pick from the prize pool, in order of rank in the final voting.

Finally, if you guys want me to fuck off with this thread, feel free to speak now or forever hold your peace.

• Let’s do it - this sounds fun
  • Fuck you - you fucking fuck. You’re going to ruin the real BOTY that might or might not happen
  • The red crayon tastes the best

0 voters

7 Likes

Nominations

9 Likes

Please respect the SERIOUS tag, evan

8 Likes

I’m going to kick things off by nominating @glyphiks with the seriously fucking badass stepbro

The Step Bro - A Largely 3d Printed Build - COMPLETE! - DIY Builds - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums

13 Likes

Excellent. Forgive me if i flag any other nominations into silence.

Cheers!

Here is my photo

16 Likes

Was going to post the step bro also. I’ll nominate @poastoast’s board also

10 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s complete or not, but i’ve nutted over this one a couple of times, I nominate @Guy

12 Likes

I’d like to nominate @yoyotinker CHIMERA | Red Ember Jotnar | Tronic 250R | 24s3p | all the amps

As well as @SquishyCat VOYAGER | Nyan Cat Flux Build | 16s + lots of amps

11 Likes

Ayooo
Here’s my photo

13 Likes

I wanna nominate @zero_ads for his BEAST of a board, so quick off the line. DemonGeese | Semendeed | 21s4p | 2x D100s | 4x 6355 - #414 by zero_ads
@sugandese Because its damn gorgeous and also fast af
Raijin Blade Build - #95 by sugandese

12 Likes

Cheers man, heres a couple. Its about to be torn apart and will come back so much better soon though :grimacing:

13 Likes

I got no nice pics of just my board so here’s a screen grab lol

12 Likes

I’m nominating @Tasventouras for his 4wd racer. He’s been killing it on the track with it too!

I’ll likely nominate more but anything else i immediately thought of from top of my head had already been nominated.

14 Likes

Thanks @JeffyJ, heres my pic

12 Likes

Copying a longboard deck

This one does not meet SHITTY BOTY 2023 nom criteria. It needs to be rideable before the end of the year. This is likely eligible for SHITTY BOTY 2024 though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you thinking of one of last years nominees?

2 Likes

TECHNICALLY @MatteoFPV couldn’t compete last year as he didn’t finish the build until mid Jan 2023

So I am definitely nominating this one as well. It was the core influence for Frankendick the second and that one has become one of my favourite and most reliable boards ever.

4 Likes

Red crayon master race

9 Likes

Please respect the SERIOUS tag, benjamin

2 Likes