No name yet. Dual Flipsky 6374, Focbox Unity, 100mm Boa Wheels, DIY Integrated Evo Deck, P42a

I think it about time to share my plans for my new Build. It is going to be an Evo copy deck wich i’m going to Build myself, since i have acces to a big woodworking shop with a big industrial CNC machine. It is going to be an integrated Deck Build, with a lid on the Top for accesebility. I’m gonne be making a 10s4p Molicel P42A Battery Pack soon. It will be driven by two 6374 FS Motors and a Focbox Unity. Also Using a LTT Smart BMS for Discharge only. Enough said, here are some pics of the start.

20 Likes

31 Likes

Wow! Impressive build plan, I look forward to seeing your progress! Is your deck going to have some differentiating features compared to the regular Evo?

Also - what trucks are those?

4 Likes

what’s up with everyone having access to all these fancy machine workshop :joy: i can’t even find a workshop space that has drill press that i can rent

please post more of ur progress, would like to see more

Also - what trucks are those?

8 Likes

So the deck i’m making will be about the same shape and size as the evo but with channels inside the Deck for motor Wires and of course the battery inside the Deck.
The Trucks are some Custome CNC Trucks Designed by me and machined by my Dad since he is an Engeneer and has his own CNC machines. Same goes for the Motor Mounts.

13 Likes

30 Likes

Put this thread on watching, look hella cool. How did the deck came out? No planes for air tires? Once you’ve ridden on those thanes are never quite the same anymore. :smiley:

1 Like

The Deck is still in the making. Hope to be able to cut it next week or so. Haven’t thought about riding air tires, I just like the look of street wheels :wink:

7 Likes

Nice, fingers crossed it all goes to plan then. :smiley: Yeah thanes can look nice, but fat pneumies are even better imo. :grin:

2 Likes

Uploading: IMG_2652.jpg…

13 Likes

Cut de Deck out Today. Looking hella good. Trying to work on it tommorow if I have time.

2 Likes

16 Likes

This is so sick! Good work!

2 Likes

The Lid fits almost perfectly in it. Very Happy how it looks.

16 Likes

oh my, those are some pretty thin walls. I hope it holds :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Do you plan on runnning some steel bars for stability or is all of it coming from the enclosure? Did you or your dad run some simulations on this?

3 Likes

What timber veneers wth thickness are you using ? Totally Bold Move you’re attempting here but how the hell can the deck hold up with side walls that thin ? I fear as soon as you attach Trucks and Wheels and hit the smallest crack in the road - nose and / or tail, are gonna detach - but hey, to have access to a woodworking shop like that - someone there is gonna have some tricks up their sleeves. I was once (and perhaps still am) a cabinetmaker but without access to the set up you have here , , , ,

I completely get routing out part of the Deck, but whoah, that is one helluva lot of the decks cross-lamination strength and integrity gone. Your work so far aesthetically at the very least, really is a thing of beauty.

I beat the hell out of my evo running Urethane (Boa’s too) but I would recommend running pneumatics inflated with Hydrogen or something lighter than air to avoid contact with any bumps on any surface, at all, but I want this to work. I really do.

Best looking Deck on the Planet imo - I wish you ultimate success in this build and I look forward to seeing this progress and structurally hold up.

If it does, ensure you have made another and that it has been reserved for me please

:wink:

3 Likes

Hydrogen!? Really, first I’ve heard of this technique…

2 Likes

So to answer all those questions: yess all the strength is going to come from the enclosure. Since it will be made from a wood and composite mixture and permanentli glued to the deck ans also rapped in fiberglas or carbonfibre. I’m using 0.9mm Mappla veneers. And i’m feeling very comfortable about this because i have actualy made a similar deck like this in the Raptor1 style wich is probably one of my stiffest and most durable decks.

7 Likes

6 Likes