Known Issues with Products

So it occured to me that we don’t have one of these. It would be beneficial to everyone if we had a singular list of the common problems that particular parts we use have. This is not a place to trash a particular vendor. This is not a “hall of shame.” This isn’t about them, it’s about the parts, what things go wrong on them seemingly without fail, and possible workarounds. If you know of a part that has a consistent issue, please post it here, as well as any answers to those, to inform the noobs and uninformed masters alike. Stuff like xenity antisparks issues. Please keep it organized. This is the first time I’ve ever tried to set anything up like this, btw, and I don’t even know how to make this post a wiki, so please, if any of you smarter bastards would like to tell me how, and/or help me manage this, it’d be appreciated. I’d like to have this categorized in brand–> product–> problem–> solution manner, but I don’t want to get ahead of myself here, either, so feel free to post common issues and fixes and I will be incorporating them into one post the best I can as we go. Oh, and no, I won’t be flagging you bastards for your fuckery, as long as we can keep adding the information back up here, right in this next post.

10 Likes
Brand Product Issue Forum Thread Solution, if any
3DServisas FatBoy Surf Rodz Hangers Bushing seat slightly too narrow Use cone bushings upside-down
BKB Xenith Antispark circuit tends to fail Use external switch / loopkey
Caliber Truck Co. Caliber II Truck Bend under stress Get @Boardnamics’s trucks: Truck Parts |
Enertion Focbox Unity Antispark circuit tends to fail Use external switch / loopkey
Hoyt St Puck Potentiometer connections failure causing remote to full throttle / brake Speed burst when applying brake?!! https://forum.esk8.news/uploads/short-url/eBlJWjt9KieHhApsQK70GafeDBM.pdf
MBS Matrix 2 Nylon Baseplate Break under stress Get the metal version: MBS MATRIX II METAL BASEPLATE – ElectricBoardSolutions
MBS Matrix 2S Truck Bend under stress
MBS Matrix 2S Kingpin nut come loose Use two nylon nuts!
MBS Matrix 2 / Oil Slick Baseplate to hanger gap 3D printables for esk8 - #616 by xsynatic Measure gap and put a metal washer between or buy 3rd party baseplate
MBS MBS 8" Tires Wobble - bigger bead call customer service
Spintend Ubox v1 Early versions assumes 3.3V rather than 3.44V source, leading to voltage reading discrepancies Must use custom firmware available on their site Here
Torqueboards TB110 Blue 72a Wheel core delamination TB110 Delam fix (hopefully)
Torqueboards Direct Drives Hanger bends over time Get in on another group buy for stronger ones though @Tony_Stark I think (Steel TB Direct Drive Hangar – radium-performance)
Trampa Wand Remote Poor connection with receiver if not placed optimally. Can get stuck on full throttle if u walk away while throttling + potentiometer breaks when getting dirty VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future - #409 by M77 Use an optimized enclosure like @WilliWonka or flash a flipsky ble with trampa fw (these have a external antenna)
Various Mini Remote Power switch breaks Operate it gently and / or with a fingernail, rarely ever breaks this way
16 Likes

Press the 3 dots. Should be an option somewhere.

2 Likes

I figured, but I’m working half as drunk as I would on the clock. Forgive me, it’s the only time I actually help. It’s an empty useless wiki now.

1 Like

Threw a bunch of ideas up but I’m half asleep lol

2 Likes

Here is a template u can start with @Kai

Brand Product Issue Solution, if any
A 1 !
B 2 @
C 3 #

replaced value with actual data

I can help to edit if u need help

6 Likes

You’re too smart for tired me :kissing_closed_eyes:. I’mma go take a fat sleep rn

1 Like

I appreciate them, but I’m probably going to edit it out when I’m not also half asleep. I’d prefer to keep it under under the above mentioned brand>product>problem>fix format to keep it easy to use when shopping.
But I leave your contribution here for when I change it’s format.

And thank you @frame or as I call you frambo I will utilize that!

1 Like

I already see the 2 post is a wiki, i will do the formatting rn

1 Like

If we had the same daytime we’d be unstoppable.

1 Like

I only sleep for 6 hrs on average, probably could help out more if i wasn’t so lazy

1 Like

oOoOO that’s sexy now we just need two people with ocd to wander in here at once and alphabetize it. That’s also how I life hack my house clean, btw.

4 hours to operate, 6 for delicate stuff, 10 once a week to catch up.

1 Like

aaaaaand its done

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaand now organization has been established and can be followed. That’s how you body a fuckin post. XD

It occurs to me that the conversation here also serves as an entirely different resource for forum noobs. Dope.

4 Likes

@Venom121212 plz add matrix 2 nut issue to the list. (I haven’t actually done the fix on mine yet, they seem to hold? :man_shrugging: )

3 Likes

Please elaborate

1 Like

I didn’t expect it to be that easy to find, guess I can add it myself then. Done.

2 Likes

Guess i have to check mine!

1 Like

It only happens on hangers they leave a mm or 2 gap between hanger pivot and the baseplate pivot point. Manually closing the gap with force was my original solution but I noticed it would loosen up a bit.

My other set of matrix 2s have stayed tight on their own.

3 Likes

ATS12 hangers?

1 Like