Known Issues with Products

11 Likes

Thanks for the help with this, guys, you’re all excellent and hopefully this list can help some people stay just a little bit safer and richer<3 I’ll be adding some more myself throughout the night while I work.

This is a great resource! I would only add that there should be a forum discussion or picture link to each of the issues. It would serve both as additional research material, and proof of an issue. I’ll try to add some over the weekend.

3 Likes

I agree, was considering changing out all the “solutions” to hyperlinks that lead to more in depth answers.

2 Likes

my last edit got reverted back…wonderful

Is this really an issue? All of mine are perfect. I feel like this definitely needs a link or something, otherwise this could really cause people to not buy tires that are high quality

Another important column to add (not gonna to do it in mobile right this second) is date. So people have an idea of which generation have this problem.

For example, BN has had a few seemingly isolated cases of gear drive wheel adapter holes getting chewed up by the mounting fasteners. But the recent version moved from aluminum to steel (i believe, don’t quote me).

Wouldn’t want to flag products if the problem has been solved/mitigated

4 Likes

Yeah this is my concern too

Yes the new BN gear drives have a steel plate - however, the originals still have ones out there that are fine even with the aluminum

1 Like

Agreed that the solution should never say “buy a different product”. Maybe “no solution so far”, or we’re just shaming products

1 Like

Yeah - I would argue that that solution is not even a solution

There are tons of ali tires, many of which are significantly worse than MBS. Also, they aren’t equivalent.

I’ve had both untrue wheels and hubs. However MBS customer support was great and sent me new ones, so while these happen they still stand by their stuff.

2 Likes