3D printables for esk8

@tipsy

Here you can clearly see how much the metal to metal contact has eaten away.

3 Likes

Don’t the MBS Matrix trucks use plastic bushings around the axle like Tramps trucks?

1 Like

On the inside yes but not outside.

4 Likes

Yes, on the inside of the baseplates if that makes sense

2 Likes

I find this happens when the washer is not centered on the 8mm shaft and instead binds on the shoulder. it’s then gets off center and loose. I suppose it could also happen from worn bushings.

3 Likes

This is how it’s supposed to look.

Kingpin
Washer
baseplate
bushing
hanger

on the other side i had to do this:

hanger
2mm Extra washer
Bushing
baseplate
washer
kingpin

There was just a huuge gap on this oil slick baseplate

2 Likes

Mine had a mm gap or so. I just tightened it down and it’s been fine.

2 Likes

Are there any files for a 31.8mm round shims that would fit over a caliber II truck? to mount a bike light to.

Might be off topic a little. Printed this on my ender 3 pro, mavic pro clone for my son to use while eboarding. Does anyone have experience building drones. Could use a little help

6 Likes

Not quite drones but I know @DEEIF had a thread for FPV quads and @kook seemed very well versed in the field

4 Likes

@poastoast

1 Like

@monsterbuilder

1 Like

What kinds of questions do you have?

I know a thing or two about building drones.

1 Like

One of the questions im curious is if 8330 folding props (mavic props clones) will fit on 3.17mm shaft on racerstar 2212 motors?

Also, do i have to use nylon screws to build the body or are regular bolts and nylon nuts ok? Will regular 6x32 screws be too heavy, its what i’m using right now?

I seriously doubt it, since DJI props are proprietary. You are better off just buying DJI motors to go with the DJI props.

Also, there are several folding prop options for miniquads available today that didn’t exist just a year ago. So you shouldn’t have a hard time finding something that will work. Will just take lots of reading and comparing product data sheets to find the best combo.

2 Likes

Nylon screws will work just fine, for flying that is. That’s what we were using 5 years ago when miniquads were first developed. The problem is they dont have the proper shear force to handle a crash.

So expect nylon screws to break in a crash and depending on your frame design could cause damage to the internal electrical components.

3 Likes

Forgot to upload this when I finished it.

Riser pads for TBDDs with a little cable routing bit.

12 Likes

Thanks for the input.

1 Like

I’m hoping this could be helpful for someone; shims for a 31.8mm bike light mount on cal II style trucks:

I can drop the files if anyone is interested

5 Likes