Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Markdown supports formatted text tables also.

1 Like

Thanks!
Need to have it in a universally shareable format though as the table is posted in a lot of places.

2 Likes

If only they wouldn’t suck on mobile

1 Like

test table

Label Multiplier Quantity
Wheels 121.99 4
Motors 154.89 3
1 Like

Hmm. Not sure what you mean. Looks great… ?

3 work fine, but more or more of a hassle.

1 Like

It’s not terrible.

OnePlus 7 Pro

Hmm, it actually looks and works great on my mobile device.

Got a pic?

Sure. You can move it around with your finger. It actually works better than I expected.

Take a look people. I am about to close this thing… Everything looks good to me. If you can spot any red flags please let me know.

All of the parts are secured with 3m dual lock and then some more silicone since a I hate any rattle while riding.

@b264 because of you I’ve switched to silicone instead of hot glue… Never coming back.

3 Likes

Exactly what bothers me. Personal preference i guess.

I would suggest ziptie on this connector, other than that, looks pretty good to me. Probably want to tape down those wires, but it shouldn’t be any issue

4 Likes

Agreed, at least.
If it’s a decently thick bead I recommend waiting a few days for a full cure as the curing outer layer slows down the rate moisture can get all the way inside.

2 Likes

RIP all your components… if you’re gonna silicone everything in, at the very least you should shrink wrap them first :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Well if you take a closer look, 0 electronics is under the silicone.

GPS module - shrink wrapped
Hoyt receiver - 3d printed tray - and also it has coat of protection from the factory.
Flexybms - 3d printed tray, and only corners and solder points under silicone.
Metr - 3d printed case
Airtag - 3d printed case.

BTW this silicone supposed to be safe for electronic. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

3 Likes

It’s not the electronic conductivity you need to worry about.

Submerging everything in silicone will destroy any thermal conductivity, effectively suffocating your parts. Namely your VESC. A heatsink only works if there’s flow of something with good thermal conductivity (like air or water)

Its your board man. But silicone can be a real bitch to remove.

I woulda heat shrinked any bare electronics before silicone. All it’ll take is one rogue bit of anything conductive to touch that bms and that’ll go pop.

2 Likes

Huh? Air has much higher thermal resistance than that silicone. While the silicone can hinder convective or radiative cooling of the VESC’s surface there is very little room for convection currents to form and no place for the heat to radiate out (inside an enclosure). The silicone I see will have very little effect on any cooling.

I see very little of the VESC covered in silicone anyway. Am I not seeing the right photo? Is there one of the VESC embedded in silicone?

4 Likes