I’m happy to announce that the Granda Plata decks (formerly known as MBNEF) are finally available for purchase. The decks have been cut and are now only waiting to be sanded and painted, which should be finished this week.
If you enjoy reading through very long threads, you can find most of the relevant information here:
If you’d rather just see some pics, here you go:
- 11 ply baltic birch
- 109 cm length
- 25 cm width (27 cm including the side wings)
- 2 cm drop down
- made in the Czech Republic
- Large. We don’t have large street decks in the EU.
- Drop down. Just enough to provide foot support. No more than that so that ground clearance doesn’t become an issue with DS enclosures.
- Side wings for more support and leverage in turns.
- Flat otherwise to make it easy to install electronics under the deck without wasting space.
- Make it pretty.
I might have covered some 100 km on mine both on pneumatics and on thane wheels, including some race circuit riding.
Compared to the 40" EVO that I use as my daily commuter, the Granda Plata is:
- Much longer. It requires a very wide stance. It felt awkward at first but after getting used to I feel more stable in that stance
- More comfortable to stand on. That’s thanks to the mostly flat profile and the width when my feet (42 size) fit entirely on the board and don’t hang over. I believe the deck will work great as a long range cruiser.
- Less agile. On EVO, it’s easier to go around sharp corners both because of the shorter length and because of the concave that gives you more leverage. Still, I didn’t have any problems turning on the deck. On the race circuit with thane (TB110) wheels, rather than lacking the leverage I lacked traction in the turns, often ending up in a drift.
The deck shape is similar to the Red Ember 44 and thus the RE 44 enclosures fit well, except for the profile.
BigBen SS enclosure
The enclosure can take a 12S5P 21700 as shown by @Linny here:
I have some BigBen enclosures in stock.
I designed 3D-printed filler parts for BigBen’s enclosure that serve dual purpose. First (as you would expect) they fill the holes between the enclosure and the deck. Second, they can be used for cable outlets. I can both provide the STL files or print these on request for the cost of the material. I also plan some changes/improvements to the design.
- Granda Plata deck - 120 EUR
- Granda Plata + BigBen SS enclosure - 225 EUR
The decks come with the black paint as shown on the pictures above.
Note that the prices don’t include the VAT and the VAT won’t be charged for the first batch. 15pcs decks and 7pcs enclosures (one white) are available. I will probably have to charge the EU customers 21% VAT on the next batch though.
Shipping in the EU is relatively cheap with PPL/DHL. I’ve been using them for quite a while now and they are fast and reliable.
In the EU, the shipping cost is the same for the deck alone and for the deck + enclosure. These are the rates:
- Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Poland, Slovakia - 10 EUR
- Sweden, Finland, Italy, Greece - 26 EUR
- other European Union countries - 17 EUR
For shipping outside of the EU, UPS is available and is unfortunately a lot more expensive. Also, the deck + enclosure will be more expensive to ship than the deck alone in this case. Please contact me for the exact rate and specify your country, city, zip code. Just for reference, shipping @glyphiks’ deck to Australia has cost about 100 EUR.
The decks will be shipped with no box, just wrapped in the bubble foam like this:
I should be able to include any items from the DAVEGA shop without charging you extra for the shipping.
Simply drop me a message here on the forum or email me at email@example.com.
SEPA and Revolut payments in EUR or CZK are accepted with no extra charge.
PayPal payments are accepted in CZK only and with 5.5% extra charge to cover the transaction fees.