[Serious] Post your NESE builds showing the pack and mounting style

Have you checked your module dimensions? The foam does not look sufficiently compressed. Also, when before inserting tab, bend the tip by 30 degrees

That’s an eboosted enclosure for hs11.

1 Like

That’s what I was pointing at. You should see the foam compress to it’s limits. If that’s not happening then use additional material to create further compression.

The width is 74.45mm without the lid. You have 74.2mm on your website so it seems mine are a tad bigger than they should be. Is the 0.25mm difference really something to be worried about though?

Will try that. Thanks. Not sure if I can really squeeze in more stuff. On some modules, I already had hard time getting all the cells in. After inserting the last cell, another cell would pop out. When I pushed that one in, yet another would pop out and so on…

I suppose that as the width of the box expands, the length of the box contracts slightly as a result.

1 Like

Wait. That so weird. That means they don’t all have good compression at the same time. Difference in height of cells will do that. Are the cells new? Meaning they don’t have the spot welding marks that might cause the heights to be non-uniform?

Yes, the cells are new. All same height.

I’m not sure if I’m being clear about what happens. You can see the same thing happening to Agnius here:

Numbering the cells 1 to 8 where 1 is closest to the viewer and 8 is furthest. As he pushes the last cell (cell 2) in, the cell 3 pops out a little bit. He then pushes that one in and cell 4 pops out. He’s then working out his way towards the last cell until all are all the way in.

1 Like

Hmm. Got you. I haven’t experienced this but now I am wondering what could be changed in the design of the box or the tabs to solve this issue? Any ideas?

I have personally found the spacing between the cells a bit less. In design it’s 18.3 if I remember correctly. I think 18.4 might be sufficient. That probably solves the popping in and out because there is hardly any space and 3D printing imperfection makes it worse. Secondly the foam could be a bit thicker to allow for more tolerance in dimensions. But not sure how it would affect the compression.

1 Like

When printing, scale that axis 1% and it will be fine. If the lids close, they keep them in place and the cells are aligned. If you see a bulge in the lid then it might be a problem.

1 Like

Just ordered mine building a 12s4p Good BMS to use for use with Davega? Can’t find a flexibms right now

Ennoid is supported up to 12S now. 13S+ support is forthcoming.

Yeah, that’s just a pricey bms…haven’t decided to pull the trigger yet.

*bump

Would love to see more pics from people

4 Likes

11 Likes

Also test-fitted 8P 18650 new thinner version with shallow screws in Peli 1200 case.

This way it’s possible to have 10S8P with space for BMS and even VESC

Or it would be even possible to fit 12S8P in it with some small thin BMS.

3 Likes

1 Like

What deck do you have? :slight_smile:

:point_down:

1 Like

thx!

1 Like