MBNEF 43: Mostly But Not Entirely Flat deck

Those MPX connectors look really good for sensors, planning to use them myself.

2 Likes

Love the orange look !

Here’s another iteration. With a start button. I only had enough space for the small DAVEGA button with no LED. It’s OK though. I’ll still have the DAVEGA for on/off indication.

And I also managed to drill the enclosure and install the threaded inserts without messing up the alignment. It’s even fairly well centered. Yay! :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Dude that looks the goods! Nice work!

8 Likes

just saw this
Awesome work with this project! :slight_smile:

1 Like

More progress! I’m pretty much done on the enclosure. The fit is good now. There are still a few small holes that I may need to seal with silicone but overall I’m happy with the current state.

The bigger notch is for the DAVEGA cable and the two small ones are for charge cable. I plan to make a thin riser for the front truck that will hold XT30 for charging.

24 Likes

This is excellent. Do you plan to sell this all as a package?

• Deck
  • Enclosure
  • Printed parts + Gasket
  • Connectors
  • Optional Davega add-on

If the deck and enclosure are drilled and mounted, I think that a package deal like that would sell like a hot damn!

16 Likes

can confirm

10 Likes

Thrice confirm.

5 Likes

It’s definitely one of the options I’m considering.

16 Likes

Consider harder! >:(

14 Likes

Checking if all the telemetry gadgets fit in. Doesn’t seem too much of an issue. :slight_smile:

This will be the ultimate test board!

20 Likes

More progress. Getting there. There’s a lot of unused space. I could almost fit 12S4P but not quite. It would fit on the deck but not into the enclosure, at least not with the NESE modules.

5 Likes

Just now saw that you’re using @BigBen’s enclosure for this deck. Nice! Allow me to chime in. This is the max amount of cells you can pack. I did a 12s5p P42A pack with a unity/xenith. However you gotta arrange the p groups like so.

13 Likes

That’s good info, thank you! Nicely done.

3 Likes

What a beauty. Just everything is perfect. Makes me want to do something similar, especially for traveling

4 Likes

@janpom what are using to seal between the the deck and the printed riser?

1 Like

Gotta love me some CAD
(Crap Allover Daplace)

6 Likes

You should consider adding some of that gasket to the deck on the interior side of the threaded inserts. Right now it looks like your enclosure fasteners holes are a path for water ingress