Raceboard SRB 3-Link Flier ESC 400amp SSS850kv Motor

I build my first raceboard board and for the first time I used SRB 3-Link and RC ESC from Flier. The ESC can handle up to 400amp and 3s -16s. Setup the ESC was different to VESC based ESCs but after some help from the the RC FLIER ESC group I found some good settings to start with. The Flier ESC comes with a USB programming cable for PC. For throttle you can select between Logarithmical, Linear and Exponential and soft, medium and hard. For braking you can select ABS braking 0%,10%,25%,50%,75% and 100% and there are settings for startup power.
My first test settings which worked pretty good where:
throttle linear and soft → I tried exponential first and it also worked good but the acceleration is not that direct then (obviously) but it was good to get used to the new remote and esc. I also had some issues that the ESC didn’t got the same throttle signal, so I got the hint from the Flier ESC Group that the Auto throttle signal detection not always workes correctly and I should set throttle forward point to 2ms and that helped.

ABS braking 50% → This is working ok but brakes stutter if you brake hard before you come to a full stop. ( I’am already in contact with the Flier reseller. With some luck he can get a new firmware which makes braking more suitable for e-boards)

Startup 65% → If I is set this to more % the motor kind of stutters at startup

Till now I just did a 30 kilometers of testing.

accelaration → as smooth as on VESC based boards but based on the setup with 850kv Inrunner accelaration is powerfull so need to be gentle with the remote.

braking–> during riding no issues so far. Like I already wrote hard braking is maybe something to get used to.

vMax–> I don’t know now i just did 55km/h till now at 1/2 - 2/3 throttle

curves–> still need to get used to the 3-link trucks and the long deck but after a couple of rounds it feels like you can really go fast and lean hard in curves.

Setup:
@janpom Grand Plata 43" Deck Granda Plata 43" deck – first batch
@eBoosted Red Ember 44 DS Enclosure (the only enclosure big enough for lipos :wink: )
@MoeStooge 3-Link Trucks and 67/11 Gear (after the hint from @MoeStooge that 78/11 is the best ratio I will probably change to that. 67/22 seems to be a no go when using inrunner with high kv (overheating can kill motor). With 67/11 at least at short runs (5 kilomter) the motor were actually not so hot but i don’t know how it is under real racing conditions. (fyi @Sharky)
Trampa Super Stars with printed hub widenings and Urban threads (Update Xcell 165/62)
2 x Flier Car esc 400A 3s - 16s
2 x 4S 16000 30C Lipos → 8S
1 x Maytech 300amp antispark switch
GTB2 Remote Wolf Case Mod
2 x FS-GR3E receiver
2 x 8S BEC
@SimosMCmuffin Flexi BMS charge only (Update using BMS now external to charge only cause i need the balance port for a lipo warner )

24 Likes

That’s a cool build and thank you for sharing the ESC settings!

1 Like

How’s this going? Any problems with the flier esc yet? @philo

1 Like

Had no time for more testing was to busy with other board project. Hope I will have some time next year.

3 Likes

Hi Folks, I gave up on this project I just do not have enough time to make full use of it.