The Eskate Enterprise | Haggy Kahua & Bergmeisters | Dual 6374 190KV | 12s4p 20700B | Eboosted Enclosure

Street: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the eSkate Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new cities; to seek out new pavement and new trails; to boldly go where no skateboard has gone before.

There is no denying it… this build is inspired by the beautiful build by @eBoosted himself. I ran the Haggy Bergmeisters from @haggyboard.timo on my 10S testing deck and wanted a stable platform for high speed - the Subsonic Century was going to be hard to beat. I had 72x 20700B cells laying around for a MTB and decided to focus on this deck instead.

I’ve been long overdue to post… let’s jump right into it!

Hardware

13 Likes

The Subsonic Century 40

The proven stability of this deck is what pulled me away from a MTB build. The folks at Subsonic were very helpful over the phone when I called to discuss options… I opted to go with a carbon fiber bottom for durability’s sake and fiberglass on top. The result is a very solid deck that is built for stability over flex and comfort. The Haggy Bergmeisters will take care of the harsh ride.

Eboosted Enclosure

Need I say anything about this gorgeous enclosure. It arrived the same day as the deck and fit like a glove. Alan’s method of installation works great… just take your time to drill holes carefully and perpendicular to the board surface. I used a ridiculous amount of rubber bands along with some double sided tape prior to drilling holes. Not only did this keep the enclosure in place, it helped to pull it into alignment end to end.

The Haggy Drive System

I ran the Haggy Bergmeisters and 190KV motors with Kahua trucks for about a month before moving to the Subsonic Century. The Bergmeisters proved to be very grippy and smooth to ride.

The Battery

The Subsonic Century 40 enclosure easily fits 48 cells (12s4p). I test fit 60 cells (12s5p) and found that it would work, although wiring and layout would be messy.

I started by gluing together the P groups with acetic acid free silicone. I had 2x Samsung 30Q batteries to build the same day…

With the delicious P groups glued, it was time for welding. I pre-fabricated my nickel strips with tabs for quick assembly.

The P groups are connected in series via silicon wire and extra fish tape is added for protection between halves:

The BMS is wired, charging lead installed, and initial testing completed:

More photos before the battery is tucked in to bed:

Nice and cozy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Final Assembly

With the most time-consuming step out of the way, it is time for test fit of electronics:

I used 3M dual lock to keep some of the mounting temporary…

The Eskate Enterprise in dry dock, nearing completion (unlike my shop which was trashed in the process :rofl:):

I love it when a plan comes together…

Behold: The Eskate Enterprise

33 MPH… no problem. This board is extremely stable and makes my 10S boards feel like I’m flintstoning again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @eBoosted… thank you again for such an excellent enclosure and extremely helpful advice prior to the build!

51 Likes

Yeah dude. The fit of that enclosure with that deck is so good… Makes me feel like such a sloppy bastard…

3 Likes

Headlights & Taillight

Until I can CNC something better, I’m using a corner brackets for light mounts. The Meilan X5 tailight is made of such brittle plastic that I’m not sure how long it will last.

15 Likes

Sick build, but you have to ride it backward since the lights look like engine naceles, they even have the white exhaust :grin:

3 Likes

:joy: The name actually came from the earlier 10S version thanks to the red shredlights. It looked like I was riding backwards with them sticking up like nacelles.

1 Like

Never mind the temporary mount… but I did add an important detail. I still need to cut out the OCC-1901 designation. (Ohio construction code :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

6 Likes

Like all of my builds, I’m sure that this will be a constant work-in-progress. Happy riding everyone!

24 Likes

Sick board man! I love my subsonic century, it’s so stable it makes you wonder how!

I’m running surfrodz though.

Did you have any issues with the forward mounted motors?

3 Likes

I am still playing with both mounting options, but front mounting seemed to work fine. I may add a slightly larger riser to increase clearance.

man that is my dream right there! You ever make it to the STNG expo they had going around the usa with the whole mock halls, main deck, allowed you to sit in JLP’s thrown, it was about 8 years ago so cool man, stay bold

1 Like

Looks amazing, and dayum that battery :smirk:

1 Like

Lovely work! What sort of range are you getting on that battery with those bergs?

2 Likes

Beautiful build! Only thing I would suggest changing in the future would be the anti spark switch. I have used both the normal and push to start one and noticed they drain a bit of battery over a span of weeks depending on your battery size.

2 Likes

Looks awesome dude, well done :+1: im looking forward to building an Evo with the Kahuas, Bergs and Avio geardrive…

2 Likes

Riding hard my first test was 19.5 miles. In theory I should see 30 miles when I take it easy and go on a long cruise. My rides involve lots of wide open throttle though. :joy:

3 Likes

This is my favorite build of all time. Period. Absolutely flawless :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I can’t wait for those herringbone gears. I already love this setup… but gears will complete my original vision.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I absolutely love this build! I am currently building a very similar build, but with the deck from haggy, a 12s 5p diy battery and the mini version of the dual 6.6.

2 Likes