The Eskate Enterprise | Haggy Kahua & Bergmeisters | Dual 6374 190KV | 12s4p 20700B | Eboosted Enclosure

I decided to upgrade to sealed motors, and why not jump to 220KV in the process. 37, maybe 38 MPH with Bergmeisters will soon be in reach…

4 Likes

That’s a good jump, I just bought the haggy kit and put 20t motor pulley on and that worked like a charm

3 Likes

On Bergmeisters? What top speed did you hit on that setup?

1 Like

I got it to 38 on Saturday before I was thrown off, I think It has a good 39 maybe 40 in it

6 Likes

Which pulley did you use? I had to pry off the inner flange of my dickyho ones since they were hitting the motor mounting screws.

2 Likes

Okay yes that’s the one catch you have to use these low profile screws from McMaster, I can get you the link if you want. Then the dickyho ones work great. I have an extra set of the d shape ones if anyone wants em too

2 Likes

20-tooth is tempting, but less torque and 49 MPH top speed is beyond anything that I need or should have. :joy:

1 Like

49mph? And it has enough torque to climb my 180lb ass up SF hills

1 Like

A link to those screws would be nice :smiley:
I’ll take you up on the d shape ones if shipping to Toronto isn’t too terrible. Could use a little more top end, my 190kv are actually 172 instead.

1 Like

This is going to be a a template when I build the Peregrine’s successor
sweet build.

source

4 Likes

Probably more like 45… but I meant the top speed if I used 20T on a 220KV motor.

Which might not happen, because the motors are backordered and aren’t in production until the end of the month… :tired_face:

1 Like

220 KV would exceed the 60k soft-erpm limit. But I assume you’ve considered this already. Bioboards also has them on sale right now. Looks like there is only 1 left in stock though.

Yes… I was about to order from them until I saw the quantity. :joy:

2 Likes

Let me know what KV it turns out to be, like i mentioned earlier mine were 18kv lower… wonder if anyone else can chime in on their advertised vs realistic kvs

1 Like

Bummer… backordered until November 10 or so. I canceled for now but may order if I don’t pick something up sooner.

Update: I decided to go with 200KV motors as they are in stock. I sent an email to confirm this on Friday… now the motors are on my bench!

From Shanghai to Ohio in 3 days… over a weekend!? Thanks @Agnes_Maytech!
:grin:

8 Likes

200’s should treat you mighty fine!
I’ve had some issues overheating my FSESC on the 220s but that’s with gearing for 43mph and mad hill climbs

2 Likes

What is the gearing ratio on the drive currently? Trying to decide what motors i want for mine

1 Like

I have the stock Haggy pulleys (60:15) so 4:1. Top speed with 190kv was about 33 MPH.

1 Like

Hmm i want faster.

1 Like