Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

I read about half of it and decided that I would stay with my working firmware until the official release (especially on this 4.12 lol)

1 Like

Noted weird behaviour: i limited erpm on both sides at 50.000 and running full throttle, the slave side (side with no remote at least?) Was slowly ramping down. Across 20seconds or so it would completely stall, while master side was still at full rpm. Increasing this at 60.000 fixes it. Other limits that i’m quite sure not even aware of, limit erpm at 52.000.
Also rt data over can is shoddy as fuck, reports randomly every 1-4 seconds. completely freezes when giving it throttle too. Settings both sides at can_1 (instead of 1_2_3_4) slightly improves this, although it’s likely placebo effect

Testing has shown that at even when set at 99A there is no chance really of overamping a controller. Frank did a good job with this

3 Likes

Interesting, that’s cool. I just figured it would be bad for my batteries if it attempted to draw that much current lol

1 Like

I used a VX1 with the MakerX dual and it worked great on UART

1 Like

I finally managed to kill my board in the Eskate Enterprise

3 Likes

Oh, man. Bummer. Mine is still going, but lately one side falls asleep every so often. Power cycle fixes, luckily.

1 Like

It falls asleep?

1 Like

Yup, maybe once every two rides. The other side still works, so the only issue is a loss of power until I give it the “It Crowd” treatment.

3 Likes

Need a bit of help with a wiring diagram. Here’s what I have for the maker x so far. Just making sure I won’t burn anything up. This is alot different than my unity so I’m not 100% positive if its right.

The vx1 receiver looks like I will need to repin onto one of the included jst’s.

Here’s what I got for the battery to esc. is my loop key correct?

@YUTW123 when rearranging hall sensor wires, are they supposed to be just mirrored?
If black-yellow-green-orange-white-red is the default motors ship with, the right way is to flip all of them, right?

I’m having some weird issues with hall sensors under no load, although i must say that the esc is fully fixed with the pcb you sent as replacement and i’ve been doing a little over 60km in just 2 days!
Video with sensor issue:

Under 4000erpm the esc relies on hall sensors and it sounds… wrong. It also draws about 2-3 amps with no load, when at 4000erpm+ is near 0.
The sensored start does work, but i don’t want to possibly burn anything more.
Motors are 6355 190kv flipsky, sensored

Has anyone had issues updating the firmware on these? I wasn’t able to ever update it to 3.65, it said it would update and then it rebooted, and stayed on the same version. Am I doing something wrong?

Running v5.1 on it.
Maybe do bootloader first? (Don’t blame me if you break it)

Lol I definitely don’t want to break it, are any of the V5 firmwares actually real releases? I thought they were all betas.

1 Like

Isn’t the entire vesc firmware lineup an eternal beta, until a few months pass and all bugs are found? Judging by how it went from 5.0 beta to 5.0 release with an untested feature added last moment i would think so.
Even now i think there are about 4 5.1 releases

Hmm fair. I’m running 3.65 firmware, which I believe to be more stable than 5.0 stuff, but I could be wrong. Either way, I wasn’t able to update the MakerX to 3.65, even though it’s only running 3.62. There shouldn’t be any reason it wouldn’t be compatible.

@YUTW123 Would you know how to fix it being stuck on firmware 3.62?

I think there was an initial batch along with their first remote that was stuck on a specific firmware. Check with the seller though

1 Like

Also, no issues with whatever release of the 5.1 i have. I’ll put hall sensor behaviour on user error for now. On the street it’s flawless

1 Like

Fair enough. Is it compatible with all 4.12’s? I could do with updating my TB ones too, I want all 4 vescs on the same firmware on my board

I mean, don’t go crazy on the erpm… i only have this esc now, foc sensored at 12s