Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

@malJohann how do you store your lipos in the backpack? Any extra precautions since they are strapped to your back?

Used to use a LiPo fire resistant charging bag, but running LiFePO4 right now, so zero fire risk at all.

2 Likes

Which ones are you using right now? Just looked through the thread, sounds like you’re using the Headways.

Even budget A123 (LiFePO4) cells have better Watt/kg than the SPIM08HP’s I have. I really should pick up some.

3 Likes

Yeah, using the Headway 40152S cells right now, but if I had to start from scratch I’d go for the Headway 38120HP’s and just double the cell count to make up for the capacity loss.

2 Likes

Australia makes it difficult but Headway 38120hps are $10/per at batteryhookup in the states and I love them very much.

1 Like

So I’ve been keeping busy in the background, just consolidating from some other threads.

Battery building to get to 20S LiFePO4, which is 18S Li-Ion equivalent for all you brainiacs out there.

All this so I could be ready for the arrival of 2x Stormcore 100S and some related bits.

9 Likes

Woooah, stormcores look sweet man! Can’t wait to see how this turns out.

Tell me, is stormcore orange or red?

2 Likes

The cat is out of the bag now. Get it fucking built brother!

1 Like

Looks sweet. what is that AS switch?

1 Like

A nice deep red anodise, my phone camera doesn’t capture it well indoors.

With any luck it’ll be running by tomorrow, I’ll refine the backpack integration over time. There’s some 48VDC 16A SPST relays I’m having difficulty sourcing to do it the way I want to.

3 Likes

Lacroix AS, same circuit as on the 100D, but just external and with a latching switch.

2 Likes

I have faith Johann. You are the motherfucking man!

1 Like

That’s great

2 Likes

Looks sick af!

1 Like

:wink::rofl::man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

That’s sweet! Can’t wait to see metr data…

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have metr Pro (non-Unity), so that’ll have to wait. I will have Stormcore app data though.

1 Like

Going for a ride in a couple of hours when I get out the house!

The build is not pretty yet, but she sure spins the wheels!

4 Likes

Next up is a heatsink that pokes out of the backpack, since I keep on running high speed and high temp on the ESCs.

3 Likes

Fuck that is really high temp. How you gonna do the heatsink?

2 Likes