Morpheus | Backpack MTB | Refined Commuter

Figured it out, friggen Hoyt Puck was in mode 1, applying expo to the PPM output.

FWIW my setup is a Unity on an MTB with Trampa trucks and 165mm pneumatics, being driven through dual e-toxx 1:4 Mini GDs by Turnigy SK3 6374 192kV motors at 8S with two Turnigy 4S 6Ah 65c Graphene LiPos wired in series.

4 Likes

Glad to see you figured it out! :ok_hand:t2:

May I ask what makes your settings so extremely different from mine? See 2 pictures:

Yours:

Mine:

1 Like

Graphene LiPos, they can actually supply more than three times that current.

2 Likes

Oh thank you … I’m learning every hour here

1 Like

Unfortunately for me, the Unity’s system limit is 120A. I’m going to bump up my Motor Current Max Brake though, -60A doesn’t even come close to locking up my wheels.

1 Like

This is an example of a question I’ve had for a while. Your detection shows your motors can only take 54A. Why do you have the esc motor amps set to 80? Aren’t you just wasting energy?

1 Like

Hard-headedness? Turnigy says the can handle 80A, and they hardly get lukewarm during operation.

2 Likes

Also, I’m not running full duty-cycle (80A) all the time, so only using what’s needed.

3 Likes

Any reason why you switched from the headway’s that you were using on V1?

1 Like

V1 started with these same LiPos, then I built the Headway packs which couldn’t supply the current I needed, and now back to the LiPos until I have saved enough money to build a replacement Li-Ion battery pack.

If I wanted to try LiFePO4 again, I’d need to go with the Headway 38120HP cells. All things considered though, for long range capability and my safety requirements, going Li-Ion with cell level fusing is the only way.

3 Likes

Ive been teetering back and forth between going LiIon, LiPo, or A123 LiFePo4 but haven’t found anything that suggests that anything other than LiPo or 26650’s are the current ‘expected MTB’ cells.

2 Likes

High discharge LiFePO4’s can do the job safely at the expense of weight.

1 Like

So dudes.
How do you find carving on the Haero with no bindings?

Pardon the intrusion but how tall, heavy, are you and what size shoes do you wear.

I’m pondering making a Carver out of one of these so looking for folks with personal insight.

5 Likes

Good without bindings, I have mine wedged +10 at the front and -5 at the back. Responds well and is stable at speed.

The gas pedals and flat-stand areas make a big difference for control and comfort. Note that I also have e-toxx elastomere dampers.

I’m 1.69m tall and 93kg, close to 100kg with my backpack which includes esk8 battery, ESC, laptop and daily needs.

IMO of all the MTBs, the Bro is the one to use as a carver. I don’t miss the HolyPro at all for my everyday commute.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Sweet, thanks dude.

2 Likes

No worries, and oh, my shoe size is US 10. Depending on how I stand, there’s generally no going past the gas pedals. Right on the edge though.

1 Like

So I had a buyer for my LiFePO4 pack, and thought I’d do a test run now that I have metr Pro, just to be sure I’m not selling shit.

It performed absolutely fine, and while it’s not the super high output pack I thought and had some voltage sag during operation, it didn’t feel significant enough while riding to put me off such that I’ll sell it.

Plus, now I have triple the range than my LiPo setup, no fire hazard, and I can just build two more 5S LiFePO4 packs to go to 48.9V and 65.2V!

1 Like

lmao.
The best problem to have in this case :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes