LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Sorry talking past one another, I actually patched the unity thing yesterday. That was a dumb #define mistake by me that caused motor 2 to be completely undriven.

2 Likes

Also if I haven’t said it yet, thanks tons for testing and the abundant feedback. It has been very useful.

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have any of you involved in production of Stormcore been to the factory you’ll be having it produced at?

1 Like

No worries, you can expect the same for Stormcore.

1 Like

We literally can’t, plans have changed quite a bit, now we are realigning ourselves to do all the testing in house

6 Likes

Im liking your approach

2 Likes

A man’s gotta do what’s right! :laughing:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You told me to never change!

1 Like

Just try to do all of your monetary transactions through a quality bank that isn’t going to brush you aside for attempting to contest tens of thousands of dollars type stuff. The amount of anecdotal knowledge I have of acquaintances getting fucked over by China factories until they visit the production line themselves to get shit right is too much. Like, I’m pretty young, not even in any real industry, and have only heard from professors/startup mentors… yet I’ve heard a lot - so I presume it must be fairly large of an issue across the board…

4 Likes

Yes, manufacturing in China is definitely a unique challenge. Between @Blasto and I we have some decent experience and so far everything is according to plan (besides the apocalypse) so it should work out.

12 Likes

Which banks do you recommend for conducting business in China?

I’m not entirely sure. I presume the best way to figure out would to be to call your own bank and ask about policies for hypothetical situations. If they don’t have a great answer or it seems like bad news… search for a different bank.

My local college credit union once told some Chinese vendor to go fuck themselves over ~$1,750. That’s about as much experience I have.

Banks known for good CS are probably the best bet - however, I’m pretty sure Wells Fargo is known to be a shitshow, so I’m not entirely sure about the credibility of this list

General Tso Bank is pretty good.

If need help talking to factory let me know.

11 Likes

Stoked !

1 Like

never dude, we are buddies 4 life :smiley:

1 Like

I noticed the gdoc is on lockdown (I assume this means I’m getting all the 9 stormballs!)

let me at least start the hype drumroll
:drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

3 Likes

This new case is pretty darn nice, well done @Deodand

37 Likes

Yes, yes it is! Vnice!

Is that the “S”? Never mind, stupid question.

2 Likes