This is a manually maintained list of known bad firmware versions for VESC/UNITY It’s a wiki now so you can add to it.
keep the description short and link to some reference thread or other documentation.
- 0 through 4.x not enough motor temperature filtering. for some cases can lead to sudden cut off’s due to faulty readings. not exactly a bug, but mitigation was done in 5.0
- 3.63, uart priorty change leads to motors stuck on.
- 3.64 can bus issues on some hardware.
- 4.00 through 4.01 has the potential to do detection wrong and cause the wobbles. fixed in 4.02
- 5.0 (5.00) PPM bug causing loss of brakes/acceleration when going too fast in reverse with a PPM remote
- 5.0 (5.01) through 5.1 (5.01) median filter bug. thermal reading instabilities causing people to trigger throttling and faults (metr logs)
- 23.45, uart priorty change leads to motors stuck on.