VESC-Tool 2.04: FW 5 >> A BIG STEP FORWARD

Next time screenshot the pairing info or UUID. Then you have it to hand when needed.

1 Like

Screenshot and good to go…I am more than happy with the pairing mode…Bad people or a stupid joke could kill you…

1 Like

Anybody gots the bin file for 5.01 :eyes::call_me_hand: plzzzzzz

1 Like

You dotn want that. Sec

1 Like

Ohhh :joy::joy:

I have it compiled into a Linux executable if you really need it, but you need to run it on Linux. I could compile it from source if you really, really, really need the naked .bin file.

Also

1 Like

Have the newest vesc version running on a unity. New METR pro unity model installed. I haven’t found anything yet but assuming we still don’t have a motor temp reading fix?

Turn off unity then turn on unity. “Scan” > “Pair” or “Scan” > “Connect” > “Pair” does not work?

Nope, it won’t let you pair that way once you delete the paired vescs

1 Like

Strange, because that is how you can do it with Trampa VESCs.

(Also unpaired and re-paired different VESCs like this recently.)

It says there’s nothing connected and when you try to connect it just says you have to add the uuid manually or use the USB then immediately disconnects you.

1 Like

Can you show that screenshot without the message pop-up?

Seems like you are connected to the Unity. What happens if you hit “pair”?

Edit: Try to delete all previously connected VESCs in paired list. After that, try to pair the current VESC/Unity.

Deleting VESCs in the paired list is what causes this problem, I think. I would not do that, or at least save the UUIDs before you do.

Recently, I could not connect new MK IV VESCs to the VESC app to run motor detection.

I deleted all previously paired VESCs from a MTB. After that I could pair the MK IV. I supect @Chase problem could be similar if he has previously paired VESCs saved in the app.

Edit: I am not sure if this is a bug in the app.

1 Like

This happened because I deleted all vescs in pairing list. It warned me but I was being stupid on the fly and did it. As soon as the pop-up message goes away it automatically disconnected you so when you hit pair it doesn’t work. Whatever the case be, I plugged it into the USB and fixed it.

2 Likes

Bit of an odd one: one of my motors spins backwards in hfi sometimes.
Specifically if it has been sitting for a while or stopped without braking all the way. This manifests in my back truck trying to turn while not accelerating.

I changed phase wires around, increased or decreased all parameters in the hfi tab, yet nothing but a hip flick fixes it.

What am i doing wrong?

1 Like

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. Sometimes that happens.

I would recommend saving the values you have now, and retuning the HFI and often that will fix it.

Also, for me, motor temperature has a lot to do with how well HFI works. When my motors get hot, HFI performance degrades drastically.

2 Likes

Does that imply that HFI is not really an option for offroad MTB riding? I mean as soon as you ride uphill offroad for 5-10 minutes or so motors usually are around or above 60°C (140 Fahrenheit)?