Caster Boards, Speedboards & Bikeboards 🛹

Caster boards general thread. Everything related to caster boards.

1 Like

What is this?

1 Like

ScootBord?

On a related note, what is this? Brand+model is the wrong answer.

3 Likes

From the thumbnail, some hightech lawnmower ?

Damn you

jk

mega info quote

2 Likes

yep

Maybe also Streetboard is the closest cousin.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChLAUhZL8Te/

4 Likes

I think that video will need to add more VFX transitions and filters, not enough cowbell either.

I’d really like to see their steering mechanism, but it’s all hidden on their website.

4 Likes

Definitely needs more cowbell :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Looks to me like simply a special CNC pivot part that goes into the center of the front wheel bearings.

My only question is if they have any trail for their caster.

much less messy diagram

Well yeah, they would have to. If the steering axis passes through the axle, the only way to get trail is to rake out the steering axis.

1 Like

Also, since y’all are clearly disobeying my directions and hurting my feelings very much, I will inform you that:

4 Likes

@b264 please make the title more inclusive.

“Caster boards, Speededboard and Bikeboard”

2 Likes

actually, I’ve been coming around to the idea that the most general name would be “inline boards”. I think it’s descriptive and sounds pretty clean

2 Likes

That sounds closer to describing those boards with 2 MTB wheels and no steering from way back in the day before reliability was invented.

Are you talking about dirt surfers?
I don’t think “inline” has anything to do with MTB specifically, it just means it’s a single track machine

How about “things like skateboards that aren’t skateboards”

Then we can include the onewheel.

1 Like

How would that help someone make one of the boards seen above?

I mean I would like to see a onewheel with added features of a single Freebord castor up front, and could have rollers on the back if you don’t want dragging. Nice that the vesc controllers are quite compact so you can find room to mount something like that on the front easily.

Then you can take the middle hub motor off and have one of these more plain boards.

I feel like the onewheel is mechanically in the same family as the EUCs. Rigid single wheel and electronic balancing.
Inline boards (ripsticks, SpeepDord™, dirt surfrers, mine, etc) all have a related layout and related steering geometry for front wheel articulation.

2 Likes

I can agree to that, stick it in the “balance wheel” category along with the og segway

1 Like