SPEEDBOARD - $23k on Kickstarter in one day

Screenshot from 2020-03-07 23-58-08

hands-free technology

not a competitor at least :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Can you say something to the difference between the 6380 and the 6396.

3 Likes

More power?

4 Likes

But… look at the intoxicatingly dumb shit they’ve posted…

Surely… this will add at least 5% speed… there’s at least enough numbers and symbols for that…

Chuckefucks could’ve atleast posted Navier-Stokes equations and a couette flow joke to make it funny…

8 Likes

I’m calling bs, clearly missing maclauren series to infinity for that to be accurate.

1 Like

This showed up when I was late night obsession researching… You know what

2 Likes

Whatever happened to all this? Did Corona throw a wrench into the speedboard aswell? @speedboard

8 Likes

He’s been periodically updating the kickstarter blog page.

I’m not a big fan of crowd funding to begin with but he’s also looking for/found outside investors.

Maybe it’s time to revisit selling just the chassis :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Mine is going to be the first. I was the first backer. I rode it and was sold.

It’s taking too long though. David needs to start delivering :face_with_monocle::raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

Look at electric dirt surfers, and caster electric boards.
Here’s a couple ideas for inspiration

[Upload

]

7 Likes

Haven’t seen that third one, cool.

3 Likes

I went through the thread and replied before I saw you posted the first one! The third one I asked the guy a couple question on youtube and he made the frame himself. He’s using 16inch bike wheels, 35 km/h top speed and 25km range.
This is the build video :wink:

8 Likes

The guy In the video appears to be using a 4.xx single vesc, along with a 13s pack!? Those 16 inch tires can’t be easy to push…
Surprised he didn’t go with something else. Coolio build doe

He’s husing a geared hub motor, might help?

3 Likes

Yeah I guess 35 km/h isn’t really that fast so the gearing must be quite a low ratio, but how does that make it not have any issues with voltage spikes? Not many people chance 13s on even some of the better escs out now.

I think the vesc hardware can handle 13s at low power not recommended but can be done. Dont quote me on that tho. And his motor is only 500w so not really powerful.

2 Likes

The 6396 has almost the same stator size as the 6380 with the addition of a large bearing at the open end of the can. It should be more durable but is limited on RPM.

2 Likes

It was tough working from home for two months, but we secured $75k in investment, got a two-person office in Long Beach, and I hired Sawyer Reynolds @novamuto. It definitely set us back about two months, but now we’re chugging away. We’ve been testing the Stormcore 100S with the different motors in the past few days.

5 Likes

This is definitely still on the table! We do have funding now, and are getting closer to production. Doing a lot of testing with the different VESC & motor options.

1 Like