Crazy idea? 8-10" wheel attach to board like a bike fork?

Check out speedboard

6 Likes

the thought is to go offroad with more confidence

check out 3SK8esk8 MTN build begins: A 16s Battle Axe?

2 Likes

yea, there are variations of this idea, but they don’t rotate, they are fixed, thus defeating the point

2 Likes

We would love for you to go ahead with the project!

Basically like a 3sk8 and a speedboard had a babay and it came out legs first

1 Like

look at this too

This is pretty much exactly what the tail on a skateboard is for.

You simply pick up the front wheels and turn whatever way you want.

Don’t have a tail? That’s the root cause of these issues.

1 Like

so how do you do that on an electric mountainboard then when you are strapped in?

2 Likes

Yea, kinda like that, good find, just more streamlined I guess haha, and with two wheels, like everyone is currently doing, in the back for better stability

1 Like

As you can see from my drawing skills, I also don’t have any cad or machining skills

1 Like

I feel ya I got the CAD stuff down but can’t produce a part to save my life.

Man I need a router or at least access to one.

Build your board with a tail?

mountainboards don’t have a tail?

Once you build it, it exists :blush:

3 Likes

Don’t bother, anything that isn’t a waterproof grocery runner won’t pass the @b264 test.

The trucks are on the tail and your feet are strapped in, carry on with your idea.

I almost bought gullwing sidewinder trucks for my first 3 wheeled es8 to try out (2 wheels on front, 1 in back) but went a different route and never came back to it. That pivot link is going to take a lot of awkward angled forces in the woods but I’d love a board that can shred a trail without having to hop the extra tight turns.

1 Like

It’d be nice to continue talking about stuff and not start openly attacking people, per usual around here.

@Venom121212 If you open your mind, you can read that I was suggesting something different than that.

1 Like

I just got done with my first ride on a leiftech, slidy boards are fun. Definitely interested in a off road version I like your idea. I would put the caster in the back and power it.

Or you elaborate on your mystical idea of mounting your rear binding on-or-behind the angled tail that holds 0 degree trucks. I’m particularly interested in how your foot doesn’t get eaten by the wheel and how you can lean off the turn from behind the axles.

Would make for a sick nollie in bindings though.

It would take some innovation and DIY, that’s for sure. Perfect forum for that.

1 Like

This sounds an awful lot like squashing someone else’s innovation and diy attempt in favor of your preferred method of skating.

Let’s keep this open to brainstorming and support for the OPs idea as well.

2 Likes