Caster Boards, Speedboards & Bikeboards đŸ›č

Fuck the Onewheel.

If you want to include funwheels, which includes the Future Motion brand funwheel called the Onewheel, then that’s another thing.

:crazy_face:

4 Likes

I was adhering to the “production boards” part of the topic

I didn’t see that part, am and confused where you see it.

But either way, there are production funwheels, no matter how much the Future Motion lawyers hate it, that don’t say Onewheel on them :crazy_face:

Maybe I didn’t look hard enuf but still I haven’t seen any dual drive of these boards.
I kindda interested in building one using scooter hub motors.
Just wondering how powering both front and rear wheels affect the overall stability of the board?

1 Like

Not sure if that’s ever been done before. The added gyroscopic effect in the front wheel should make the steering feel steadier than would otherwise happen.
If you build it with a 4 bar steering linkage instead of a simple head tube it may create a significant righting moment under acceleration that will inhibit steering the front wheel, since the steering axis moves laterally with the 4 bar setup.

2 Likes

The Surfscooty is an electric in-line board. The frame is a Z shape built in unidireccional carbon T700 sandwich, It Flex and twist with the foot pressure, then turns, like a surf and snowboard, just carve.
The front wheel is a caster steering, helps for small radius turns, the steering system is in the middle of the rim hole and has a rubber bushing for self-aligning and prevent a crazy mover when starts to ride.
This is the Surfscooty V-5 for Flat Track race, the tires are not ones that mount, comes with SunF A021 tyres.

3 Likes

Pretty interesting how’s it ride or compare to other boards you’ve ridden?

3 Likes

Very stable and balanced, the flex works well and is very intuitive. Runs better at speed, It is like snowboarding. The weight and geometry are totally symmetrical.

2 Likes

What happens to your hardware when you copy speedboard’s homework:

2 Likes
1 Like

That negative rake angle should behave like a self centering spring, but i wonder how it feels at speed

The weight of the rider will keep it centered just like a ripstick

Yes.

Static stability is relevant at low speed, but what I’m thinking about is how it feels when moving at speed. Will the negative rake make it feel deadened, or will it still throw hard into the corners? Idk

1 Like

I’m guessing both.

Negative rake? :thinking: Now you’ve got my interest in one of these handlebar-less scooters for a change.

Unless it doesn’t’ behave like a RKP with a negative rake which makes things more fun. don’t let the positive rake people trick you into thinking a negative setup is a bad idea Then I’m back to thinking they’re a bad idea for a production board. The DIY ones are super cool though

2 Likes

This

This is the way.

Caster setups like this will probably behave more like a Yow surfskate and be more divey than carver or waterborne.

1 Like

It will not behave anything like a skate truck, it will behave like a bicycle

2 Likes

I mean if they made it a combination of both, then I’d be all for them. Since my ideal set up is a surf adapter with negative raked trucks mounted on it. okay, technically they’re not raked, but the bend in them makes my fav trucks behave the same as raked trucks overall

chaos is fun

Please provide at least a link or source to back up these claims. Ideally with the total hanger width included since I have no need for wide trucks when my deck height is so tall so wheel bite can’t happen with thane wheels.

but also you can’t just tell me these things and not explain further. that is just mean. Calling my preferences bad is cool though since I know they’re insane not popular :rofl:

I should drop these guys in here, Curvway boards.

Not particularly sold on the brake/throttle cable. Wireless (non-regen) braking sounds ridiculous, but would you do it here instead of this!? And wouldn’t the disk be better on the front?

Hate to say it, but it’s the aesthetics that puts me off this layout, that neck that runs over the front wheel :nauseated_face: . Virtual pivot, or dirt surfer style :+1:

4 Likes