SPEEDBOARD - $23k on Kickstarter in one day

Wait. Where can I send money. I need this. 4153412281.

Maybe I can build a board before speedboard delivers. Wouldn’t that be fucking funny

5 Likes

Id be interested also.

1 Like

You should post your phone number then obviously. :wink:

8 Likes

I go weeks sometimes not coming on here. Phone calls are my style. The world is so backwards with texting and pings. Idk. My 2.2 cents

8 Likes

What ever happened to this?

6 Likes

yeah I would have really loved a rolling frame

lots of DIY versions popping up so I guess we can just skip over this sexy sob

FB group for them got started so I guess we need a thread for the builds here too.
11 Likes

The real truth of speedboard
David Jackson. Where you at?

5 Likes

Any development on this design? I’m looking into building one of these😏

1 Like

Lol

7 Likes

holy shit thats awesome. i had this exact idea, and someone told me it wouldnt work. thank you. lmao

3 Likes

Make a kickstarter before figuring out a design or mfg well? hell yeah me too

5 Likes

kickstarters are for products that dont work, remember?

4 Likes

I never said the product did not, but the design finalization and MFG plans need to be set up in advance of promising it will be done by a date. Silly to think things will go to plan, especially to a bad one.

1 Like

honestly this design doesnt seem finished anyways. my version was “slap two rounded wheels from a onewheel on each end of a mountainboard deck, and turn dangerously by leaning to change which part of the wheel contacts the ground, which i think might result in turning.” but from the pics in the first post, the way it turns here looks like its just asking to flip. these guys probably finished a couple prototypes and went “AWH FUCK.” the wheels are just way too skinny for this application, imo. those steering arms could work, with wider wheels. maybe theyll read this and try it out, who knows.

2 Likes

you should make some prototypes seems like you have a good idea or two, and maybe 4 bad ideas.

1 Like

no time. got two builds on the table, and a batch of 6 around the corner, then im investing in deck making materials for the second batch, then a CNC setup. and im doing graphic design again, and gotta finish filing the LLC and a buncha other stuff. year one of esk8: 9 boards finished, is priority right now.

3 Likes

ok so lmk when your kickstarter goes live then

if by “kickstarter” you mean an interesting new power switch i just thought of, i will. lmfao

3 Likes

Just found this from Dualtron:

Looks very similar to the speedboard, other than the wired remote, the different foot positioning, and it only seems to turn from the front (though right now I am not sure if the speedboard also turned from the rear?)

Pretty interesting concept, and since it’s from dualtron, I am sure it will be delivered and with great quality and performance.

2 Likes

This style has actually been around a while. Looks dicey to me.

4 Likes