SPEEDBOARD - $23k on Kickstarter in one day

no time. got two builds on the table, and a batch of 6 around the corner, then im investing in deck making materials for the second batch, then a CNC setup. and im doing graphic design again, and gotta finish filing the LLC and a buncha other stuff. year one of esk8: 9 boards finished, is priority right now.

3 Likes

ok so lmk when your kickstarter goes live then

if by “kickstarter” you mean an interesting new power switch i just thought of, i will. lmfao

3 Likes

Just found this from Dualtron:

Looks very similar to the speedboard, other than the wired remote, the different foot positioning, and it only seems to turn from the front (though right now I am not sure if the speedboard also turned from the rear?)

Pretty interesting concept, and since it’s from dualtron, I am sure it will be delivered and with great quality and performance.

2 Likes

This style has actually been around a while. Looks dicey to me.

4 Likes

you are comparing a scooter where you steer with your foot to a “casterboard”
this pic is wonderful

quite clearly different to me.

I would say that Dualtron Man is more akin to freeskates than a Speedbord/caster

1 Like

Ah, okay! I am not an expert in the topic, just seemed interesting and somewhat related to me so thought I would share it. I haven’t seen anything even remotely comparable to the freeboard until I saw this :sweat_smile:

edit: meant to write speedboard not freeboard :sweat_smile:

1 Like

sorry did I confuse you with this joke?

my joke here just about how the bord refers to the way the hype around the Speedboard company was much like the Freebord but the ability for them to be produced and sold is actually been quite a challenge for all those who attempt.

Also Tim steward worked with and designed both products, coincidence??!?

1 Like

Oh shit I meant to write speedboard, not sure how I ended up typing freeboard lmao.

1 Like

these are not the bordz you are looking for

it did not but that idea is interesting, bad for high speeds fairly obviously.

there are some two wheel caster boards that ride somethinglike that but they are much smaller skate style not big AT board like the Speedboard

hope you find it cool! I would love to work on an electric one made out of the Freebord parts that I will be making electric.

basically just Freebord caster base on angled riser, plus motor slip ring stuff if electric. hmm or center e-caster… dammit whatamidoin

1 Like

Had the same thought today lol, what if I just take the handle off a scooter, obv it’s not that simple

1 Like

just found out today that these things are super old school (dirt surfer). I met a guy that use to race these (on and off road) decades ago!

And lots of modern diy electrified ones:

7 Likes

Bro please tell me you you made these and you can make me a set👀

Kevin! Hey did you or Brandon get a set of these arms made up? I have a DIY board that NEEDS THEM

3 Likes

Oooh the silence was broken. Gave an apology and update to the kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/innodave/speedboard-the-30mph-two-wheel-electric-skateboard/posts

Looks like they finally have a motor :joy:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:nope. Ahh yes i had to break the silence. I didnt know he was back…But no, im not buying into Speedboard, sorry. I just thought by now someone had made a similar set. I built a board based on spxxdboard because of all the silence…but i dont have a fancy gold plated 3d printed stainless steel steering mechanism…

1 Like

I think they’re teaming up with Jedboards.

1 Like

It’s OK, neither do they

2 Likes