72v 20s esc suggestions

Does anyone know of an easy to use and cheap 20s(84v) esc?

3 Likes

I have orderd a PCB and built a BESC G2 from galp, it should support up to 100V and it is based on the vesc.

https://vesc-project.com/node/1044

Total BOM cost was under 200ā‚¬

I could not really test it because im not around until the end of march but galp has tested it up to 300A.

If you can solder SMD this would be a good option.

There are also flyer and aps escs(some say they are the same) but i would not trust them with the high startup amps from EV.

5 Likes

Interesting. All I have is a decent solder gun and modest soldering skills. I am only planning on running like 16 amps. Do you know of one that is a bit cheaper and basic to no soldering?

Do they make a socketed smd or pre soldered one?

Hello,

Iā€™m very interested with Galpā€™s Besc, did you tried the one your ordered ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi sib, yeah its working, i only tested it on a small motor and it had some troubles with BLDC and FOC detection. Maybe because of the undersized motor. I have to investigate further.

3 Likes

Hi, nice, by undersized motor, you mean how many watts ?
Iā€™m planning on using with 3200W nominal motors (and maybe testing with 1200W nominal motor)

Stormcore 100D will only be like $250/side and it will support high voltage. Im also looking for another option though.

1 Like

Hi, did you solve detection problem?? I wanted to build this controller for my ebike. What kind of firmware did you use ?

20S is 84V, not 72V.

Warning when dealing with ebike suppliers or ebike equipment, NEVER TRUST their voltage numbers. ALWAYS check EVERYTHING with a multimeter. Lest you make fire.

1 Like

Hey,

I did not have time to test the besc again. I used a firmware compiled by galp, i would have to check the version. It was probably just the motor (very low inductance) and tuning a few detection settings would have helped. I now have a scope and could do some more tests when i get a good motor for my e motorcycle project.

Can you tell me where I can find firmware/source code for it ?

1 Like

If you know the right values i would put them in the source code and compile it yourself. I only have a few firmware files that galp has sent me.

Hey mate, iā€™ve just finished a pcb of galp g2 and i would like to try it on my e-bike. Can you share the source code differences ?

How would this work? Claims to have brakes
https://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/discontinued/scratch_and_dent/esc_3/14s_160a_esc/

1 Like

20S dual ESC preference?

• MakerX GO-FOC D100S
  • Spintend Ubox V2 100V 200A

0 voters

Just gonna leave this list here

2 Likes

If you need cheap Iā€™m selling 3 D100 not s

Anyway, this one was a 100V version : :grin:

Jenso from E-TOXX told me he and one of his customers got not issue with the Spintend at 20S.

I feel like there are not many people running the MakerX ESC.

2 Likes

Finaly Iā€™ve just bought the MakerX Go-FOC D100S because of the vote but also because of this picture of the Spintend ubox 100V v2.

I dislike the cable management. It just looks weird to my mind.

Yet, I did some research and E-TOXX is happy with this 100V ESC from Spintend, some of their customers too. So is Yann from OVERION in France.

On the other hand, Iā€™ve found some cases of fires with the Go-FOC D100, but I think they were related to phase shunt ON deadly issue with 6.0 firmware upgrade.

2 Likes